Oh dear...Just bought another

cookie

Stay Frosty
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Husky%20FE350-X2.jpg

Lovely bikes these. Perfect for the trails. 2019 model?

It is a 2019. 30 hours. I'd call it mint condition. Doesn't look to have seen any off road, or if it has, not much at all. It was just up the road in Bournemouth. fell into my lap really :)

I didn't get the spark plug thing either :blast

Happy to see the general nods of approval. I nearly bought a 2 stroke :)

It is a 2019. 30 hours. I'd call it mint condition. Doesn't look to have seen any off road, or if it has, not much at all. It was just up the road in Bournemouth. fell into my lap really :)

I didn't get the spark plug thing either :blast

Happy to see the general nods of approval. I nearly bought a 2 stroke :)

Save getting the 2 stroke until you need your first Zimmer frame :D

I bought a 2017 with 53 hours (allegedly) just over 2 years ago - and it had seen some action (owner admitted he had done a few races and used it on hard trails) OE bodywork had been trashed and was on slightly worn Rockstar kit, I fitted a new OE set and in the @35 hours I have clocked up it has barely marked.

At @55 hours it had a full service - tappets in spec, and the plug that went in then is still in place now 2 years / 35 hours later, due a tappet check soon, so might bung a new plug in whilst it is stripped down that far.

Watch out for the wheel bearings, they are puny things and if ridden a lot in wet they don't last so well, my linkages were in awful condition when I checked them so worth keeping an eye on them, I was lucky enough to pickup a spare pattern assembly on ebay for £99 quid - brand new with a full set of bearings so having the original rebuilt as a spare, my guess is neglect was main factor as they seem to be holding up well, but I take them out and clean them if they have spent a lot of time going through deep water / lots of puddles.

Only thing a bit annoying is snathcy power delivery down low, and when shutting off it takes a second or two to settle to a nice idle - would love to go down the Power COmmander route, and would of done, except they don't have any maps for UK bikes and the expense / aggro of fitting a road tyre and paying for dyno time put me off the idea.

Oh - if anyone wants a second set of plastics for a 2017 - 2019 model I would part with my Rockstar set - originally thought be handy for when I started riding harder and crashing on Enduro practice days, but it turns out I am a ponce and ride so slowly that when I do drop it I don't scratch anything.

I've only ridden it a couple of miles and it did seem particularly lively. I thought the power might be a bit soft after the 701 - It isn't :)

Re' the wheel bearings.
For the Husky you can buy a plastic shield to keep water and dirt away from the outer seal.

Keep in mind the reason wheel bearings wear out so fast on dirt bikes is the seal wears a groove in the spacer allowing water to pass then it's only a matter of short time before it gets past the bearing seal.

The plastic gizmo should help as does using hardened spacers (I've even wrapped mine with PTFE tape while waiting for new spacers).

Also I periodically pop the bearing seal, clean and put new grease in :)

Shield sounds interesting. Where might one obtain such a thing?

I have 2 sets of wheels for my 701, so they get checked quite often. I'll have to remember to check the 350 as a matter of course.

Back
Top Bottom