Headers!

I replaced the entire exhaust system on my 06 GS with the Remus version. Nice sound but popping,etc. on overrun not pleasant. I then installed the Dynojet system which required a professional tuning ( about an hour and $300). When he was finished ,the technician presented me with the printed out power curve showing the smoothed out powerband, no more loss at 6-7k and an increase in horsepower from 82 to 101. Very pleased with the results and the improved sound!

Not meaning to rain on your parade here, but a gain from 82 to 101 is an increase of 23%. power.
The way these engines are fueld OEM, this is not doable by adding more fuel only..

Even if the engines are running on the lean side to meet emission requirements, the ECU is set up in such a way that opening up the throttle all the way, the engine gets it's requred fuel. According to tuners, the WOT AFR is typical 13,5 (give or take 0,5) at WOT.
Adding fuel beyond AFR 13,5 adds at best a marginal amount of HP.
Removing the CAT will typical add 2 -3 hp (according to Acrapavich), as the more open flow on the outlet will slightly allow for a tad more fresh air entering the cylinder.

While 101 HP with the removed header sounds reasonable, the 82 HP prior to 'tuning' is silly low.

Back
Top Bottom