2022 K1600

The DCT box is great. The trouble is it takes a lot of miles until it ‘learns’ your style of riding. I agree about the cruise control.

CC is on the right on my Electraglide, so maybe it's to suit US tastes. Certainly not something that would make/break a buying decision in my book.

However DCT is long overdue for Berlin, but Hybrid now seems a more likely direction of travel. No room up front for ACC apparently, which seems remiss.

That first picture in this thread of the multi colour white one is horrific. Looks awful.

I had a 2014 GTL(?) for a month while the RT had it's shock absorber fixed. They're great bikes of course, but I found it too much for general riding. More fun to be had on GSA that's for sure, which is what I ended up with.

I’d be interested in one if the TFT screen is any good, when linked to the Connected app.

I am having a test ride on a ‘large TFT screen’ RT at the weekend, just to look at and try the screen.

Re Adaptive Cruise comment, Spoke to BMW UK via messenger with this very question and they replied that for technical reasons there are no plans to fit adaptive cruise control to the K1600 which I found strange at first considering they used a K1600 in early literature to advertise it. They listed 1. option requires a fully integral braking system, the K1600 has a partial system 2. K1600 has Duolever suspension, feature only works with telescopic forks (the RT1250 has Telelever?) 3. designers wanted to stay with classic, timeless look of front of bike so didn't want to integrate radar sensors. Surprised but that's the official answer anyway, I think more sales will go to the RT1250 because of this.

Why do we need adaptive cruise control anyway?
I’ve managed not to run up the arse of the car in front of me if he slows.

Parking censors coming along soon maybe.

Apparently it hasn't been the must have extra on the 1250RT, a lot don't spec it.

Who, outside of anyone who wants to sit on a motorway, wants adaptive cruise control on a motorcycle? The only use I find for conventional cruise control is when I want to change gloves on the move or two arm wave like a demented loon at some bikermate coming the other way.

Who, outside of anyone who wants to sit on a motorway, wants adaptive cruise control on a motorcycle? The only use I find for conventional cruise control is when I want to change gloves on the move or two arm wave like a demented loon at some bikermate coming the other way.

Er.....me?

The 1290 has it and during our September Spain/France trip it got used a lot. You try keeping to 50 on French roads Think it's brilliant. However I have to say I was on the 'whats the point' side of the argument before I had it.

It doesn't just work on motorways. Mostly use it to stop me speeding in villages and towns abroad and at home. Engage, chill. One less thing to think about while looking at ones reflection in shop windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, I use it a lot in the car and on a bike just because its fitted doesn't mean you have to use it, just pay for it!
But if it was an option I'd go for it.

MCN seem to like the K16 a little more these days, albeit in the twilight of it's career (estd 2011). It even starts to look like good value for money, compared with say a Goldwing Tour.

Still the biggest complaint from the faithful remains the marginal cooling system. 6 cylinders closely packed together, cooled by a rad that tends to pick up road crud easily & only one fan = potential hassle on mountain passes & in slow moving traffic, but this doesn't appear to have been addressed with the Euro5 improvements. As we know, the weight disappears once on the move, so the changes seem largely beneficial, provided that tft screen is secure.

No problem fitting a satnav to my RT :thumb

I’m also a fan of the Connected App and the ACC.

Attachments

• 15C5D0A9-5989-46B1-9423-DF625C561F88.jpg
    15C5D0A9-5989-46B1-9423-DF625C561F88.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 370
I’ll let you know what it’s like when mine turns up. Each iteration of the bike (I have had one since the GT model was first launched 10 years ago) has been an improvement in some way or another on the last, so I have every confidence that the 2021 model will not diasppoint. What am I looking forward to most? The big TFT screen. I had never ridden a TFT screen bike before, as my HP2 Sport didn’t really count. I therefore borrowed a 1250 RT for a full day from Park Lane to see what it was like. In a word, perfect.

I’ll let you know what it’s like when mine turns up. Each iteration of the bike (I have had one since the GT model was first launched 10 years ago) has been an improvement in some way or another on the last, so I have every confidence that the 2021 model will not diasppoint. What am I looking forward to most? The big TFT screen. I had never ridden a TFT screen bike before, as my HP2 Sport didn’t really count. I therefore borrowed a 1250 RT for a full day from Park Lane to see what it was like. In a word, perfect.

Quelle couleur,monsewer ?

Toni seems nice :)

0b7fe415c76ba54e1c17fcf9c908b95d.jpg

And did you order the new twat suit, aka the little Furka !!!

e2d87c2df4e603286d78c8b5e50623d2.jpg

12ee347a8c11f4a0839a63cc190fb36d.jpg

Furka off.

Schwartz.

Thought it might be.
I actually quite like the sport tri colour.Quite possibly the only BMW I’d consider buying if my knees weren’t quite so fucked.
Hope you specced the ground running lights thingy to locate your pound of butter in the dark ?
And I thought you might …er….pass…on the suit

Back
Top Bottom