2022 K1600

The bike is almost an automatic at the moment as it can, if you really must, go from about 30 mph in 6th, all the way to 150 mph or faster.

I agree though, the engine would suit a DCT. I guess though that BMW are conscious of the extra weight it would bring.

But can it pull away from a standstill in top gear ?? :)

I am planning to pick up my 1600 GT next weekend.

To me, the most interesting thing is the big TFT screen. Having never owned a TFT screen bike prior to my 850 GSA, I have really got to like BMW’s Connected app. It certainly looked good when I saw it lit up at the London show in February and I enjoyed it on the day long test ride I had on the RT. You can see it running in this video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u-2yX6GkfaM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don’t usually watch many vlog videos on any bikes , not least as the verbal blurb is often pretty dull but seeing the screen in these was worth it.

Be sure to post a pic please !!
I hope you specced the Akras-that’ll lighten the bike by about 3 kgs ! :)

Akras, mate? Defo, no.

Gnaw the lites wot lite the Flore nyther thow me Mate sez their looks reel awsom.

I saw the bike in the flesh today.

The big TFT screen is very good, way better than the smaller version and the screen on my car.

A nice restyling of the headlights, the ‘owl eye’ lights (copied off the cars) having gone.

The four function buttons which are rider selectable and replace the four buttons of the radio, are a good idea.

It might be my imagination, but the throttle twist seems shorter, maybe to tie in with the power being moved a bit lower down the rev range.

I saw the bike in the flesh today.

The big TFT screen is very good, way better than the smaller version and the screen on my car.

A nice restyling of the headlights, the ‘owl eye’ lights (copied off the cars) having gone.

The four function buttons which are rider selectable and replace the four buttons of the radio, are a good idea.

It might be my imagination, but the throttle twist seems shorter, maybe to tie in with the power being moved a bit lower down the rev range.

Did you specify the pack with audio bollox or just the quick shifter etc ?

Ha ha, personally I’d bin the radio on any bike. My wing has one, I never use it.

Ditto.
Had one on the Indian Challenger I rented recently.
Left a mountain town early am and didn’t realise that my Bluetooth was off so the music came blaring out over the speakers instead of in my helmet.
Bloody deafening and barely half volume !
Tried them later in the desert and could hear music clearly at 80+.
But why would you ?

Ditto.
Left a mountain town early am and didn’t realise that my Bluetooth was off so the music came blaring out over the speakers instead of in my helmet.
But why would you ?

The radio on the Wing is rubbish. Both in volume on the speakers, and clarity.

This thing was epic,if that’s your bag (ger)

66bb74a7373f1e2ccd5e085381112a19.jpg

Spoke to a motorrad dealer yesterday he says the delays are due to computer chips and wiring loom which are made in the Ukraine

Ditto.
But why would you ?

I had a radio on my RT and miss it on the GSA.
Like many I'm more often out on the bike at weekends but unlike most motorcyclists I like to know what's happening with the football. Without 5 Live I have to stop periodically to check the scores on my phone.

Back
Top Bottom