2022 K1600

Viewed a lot of Cruiseman's YouTube videos prior to test riding/purchasing a new Goldwing a few of years ago.... however, for a number of reasons, I moved over to a K1600 GTL last year.

For an ardent Goldwing owner, Mr Cruiseman provides a balanced review of the K16 GTL...

"The Best Touring Bike In The World? | 2022 BMW K1600 GTL Review"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6F_PIhM2n4

BMW are also going back to halogen bulbs on the GS/GSA bikes due to supply chain issues. They are certainly having a bad time at the moment.

The latest (as in today) news is that my bike should be here in London, towards the end of next week. Breath is being held, sort of.

It’ll be ready for collection tomorrow afternoon. I say ready in as much as:

A. I have paid for it.

B. They are not sure if the top box has arrived.

C. There is some doubt over the panniers, too.

I am not fussed about B or C, just content that it has at least got a pair of wheels.

It’ll be ready for collection tomorrow afternoon. I say ready in as much as:

A. I have paid for it.

B. They are not sure if the top box has arrived.

C. There is some doubt over the panniers, too.

I am not fussed about B or C, just content that it has at least got a pair of wheels.

Glad its arrived, seen some long delays in new bikes coming in, Would have thought he Panniers should be on ? they are part of the bike. Its like ordering a new car.....Its arrived but the doors are not here !!!

Wrapping gas new steed
d2dc0411cf3897d764a2ebc6ebb10163.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I picked up a 2020 gt a few months ago fully loaded top box ect when i got home i was going through the paper work and found a receipt for service package .So phone bmw to register
new owner for warranty and asked about the service package they advised the package is valued until 2026 .The bike had 1200 miles on it like new all extras bmw do plus top box and break light data tool tracker also fitted someone payed a fortune at park lane bmw for it .Feeling very smug

This thread is about the 2022 model :blast

Though it’s interesting to read a positive example of the much derided levelling up

.......a couple of weeks old

Here's my tourer, still got to get a couple of hundred kilometres on the clock for it's first service, but so far - excellent! :okay

Akrapovic exhausts are on back order and will be attached at the point of first service :D

J.R.

Attachments

• K1600GTL.jpg
    K1600GTL.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 241
I have given up with all the ‘louder pipes’ malarkey. The great thing about the 1600 is that you don’t need to bolt anything into it. Enjoy your bike, just the same. :thumb2

:beerjug:

I have given up with all the ‘louder pipes’ malarkey. The great thing about the 1600 is that you don’t need to bolt anything into it. Enjoy your bike, just the same. :thumb2

:beerjug:

Thanks, and I agree, but I've done it more for aesthetics than anything else. Enjoy your mighty steed too!!

Back
Top Bottom