2009 EXC 400....silly problem, need advice

Thank you for all the info chaps.

As a low cost option (perhaps worth a try), I'll get a sea foam type product to see if that cleans the kak out.

Failing that, a complete strip/clean of the carb assembly.

:D

Deffo carb clean needed.

Once you get practiced won’t take long. Strip and clean / blow out jets etc.

Don’t leave it running too long. These bikes are not like Hondas and will brew-up if left ticking over.

Great machines KTM’s but are not a white-goods no maintenance sort of bike. They are competition machines, for enthusiast owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a low cost option (perhaps worth a try), I'll get a sea foam type product to see if that cleans the kak out.

Never used the stuff, but wonder, if it's not flowing enough to run, will it flow anything to clean?

Thank you for all the info chaps.

Failing that, a complete strip/clean of the carb assembly.

:D

Did that work, Bounce, or did you have to resort to stripping and cleaning the carbs?

Did that work, Bounce, or did you have to resort to stripping and cleaning the carbs?

It didn’t work on my first attempt on Saturday, so I left about 45ml in the tank with the fuel tap partly open to let it run through.

I have a mate helping me in the morning to check/clean the various components, so I’ll have a proper look to see where the issue is.

I’ll also put some of the sea foam in the tank on-going to see if it acts as a preventative measure.

So.....

> Took the carb out & opened it up
> Carb was actually pretty clean (still cleaned it), but there was a bit of gunk in the pilot & main jet, so those were cleaned & blasted with compressed air
> Put some clean super unleaded fuel in the tank, along with some sea foam additive
> Result - back to normal starting

My thanks to you all for your contributions

Good news, be interested to hear how you get on in the future with that seafoam in.

Back
Top Bottom