Which MRA Screen

Mark H-W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m looking at changing the stock screen on my 2006 1200GS.
I’ve run with a MRA on my old 1150GSA, it was a vast improvement.
There appears to be 2 options of MRA screen for the 2006 1200GS.
Does anybody have any experience of either.
Regards
Mark

I had the one with the adjustable spoiler on my 1200, was excellent.

I have both versions of the adjustable X-creen spolier (Sport amd Touring) which seem to work differently according to the profile of the screen it is attached to.

The Sport is shorter and more narrow, yet when collapsed is closer to the main screen meaning air flow can be more finely balanced between the wind going over the flip and under it.

The Touring is higher and wider meaning it is more or less the same width as many OEM screens, however it cannot be moved as close to the main screen as the Sport leaving a larger gap where air can cause more turbulance.

The Vario screen in my opinion is the better option in that the wind flow can be changed more significantly than on the spolier type.

I had the Vario one with the section that slid up and down.
Never had any success with it. Bought a genuine BMW GSA screen+brackets and lived happily ever after... well, until I sold the bike and bought a GSA anyway.

(5'10" for reference)

I've tried a number of Screens on my GSA, finally settled on the Givi Air Flow.
Not Pretty and not Perfect, but it's the best I've tried so far.
I can comfortably Ride with an Open Face Helmet on and not cop for any Bugs etc in my Face, which is a definite Bonus....

I would add that I had the vario and the FUGLY AF 330. The thing that made a big difference to both was the addition of GSA winglets….not sure if the fittings are there for a 2006 model but they were for the 2008. Winglets plus either screen is buffet free calm…although the 330 was better but not by much. Best screen set up I have had on any bike before or since.

Back
Top Bottom