HUSQVARNA 901 2022

My only issue is that it has a 21” front wheel and if it had a 19” front, I would have it in a heartbeat! I only ride tarmac these days, so a 19” front/17” rear would be perfect for me.

That's the only thing stopping me considering a switch to a smaller bike, not done two-up for a decade now, much as I love the grunt of the 1290, I could ove without it, and seeing as the 1290's with luggage / bars / grips / QS unlocked etc are now getting close to £20k I cannot see me stumping up for another new big bike, 3 year old ones in dealers are now almost what I paid for mine new in 2019!!!

The Tracer has gone from simple budget bike to as bad as any KTM for overloading with tech many don't want (and are no longer a budget bike, well not in price, but understand the finish is still shit and they rot instantly)

MAybe the upcoming SMT890 will fill the void to some degree?

The Tracer has gone from simple budget bike to as bad as any KTM for overloading with tech many don't want (and are no longer a budget bike, well not in price, but understand the finish is still shit and they rot instantly)

This new model Norden doesn't appear to have anything added that really make it an expedition bike....a centre stand, some small basic looking panniers (18l each) and a heated seat FFS. Looking at what would likely replace my 2017 Africa Twin and I'm struggling exactly as you mention...way too much tech for the sake of tech.

This new model Norden doesn't appear to have anything added that really make it an expedition bike....a centre stand, some small basic looking panniers (18l each) and a heated seat FFS. Looking at what would likely replace my 2017 Africa Twin and I'm struggling exactly as you mention...way too much tech for the sake of tech.

It also has better suspension, much bigger forks , greater ground clearance , a proper bash plate and a much better screen which does seem to be unique to the Expedition version. I had a very short 10mile ride on a 901 last year and it felt great except for the small screen / lack of wind protection versus my Crosstourer. Motobob the you tuber bloke has a little video about it and if you tried to add the extras (excluding the suspension because you can’t spec that ) to a standard Norden then it would be considerably more expensive than the Expedition….��

It also has better suspension, much bigger forks , greater ground clearance , a proper bash plate and a much better screen which does seem to be unique to the Expedition version. I had a very short 10mile ride on a 901 last year and it felt great except for the small screen / lack of wind protection versus my Crosstourer. Motobob the you tuber bloke has a little video about it and if you tried to add the extras (excluding the suspension because you can’t spec that ) to a standard Norden then it would be considerably more expensive than the Expedition….��

I need new specs....I somehow missed the suspension upgrade part of the write up...doh

YouTube is full of reviews but not bought with their own cash. Is it fun and easy to ride? Weight a bonus? I’m wondering if it’ll be like my old 990 and encourage you to ride like a twat all the time :thumb

For any looking for YT videos from actual owners then Big Rock Moto who’s a big adv vlogger from Colorado bought one and done 3 or 4 video so has Dork in the Road from the US��

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hh9Jg1orxZs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TYvPmgc2qto" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some health issues are making me consider selling my superb Crosstourer shortly. It’s the bike I have owned for longer than any other and the one I thought I’d never sell, but I feel I need something smaller and lighter and the more I look at this bike the more I think it’s the one for me. The new Transalp looks like it could be a great option too but the Norden just seems like more fun and has more fire in its belly.

I really do like the look of that new Expedition and if you are spending the money on a new bike I think the extras easily justify the extra cost. However I would have to find too much cash to put towards a new one. Currently there is a just run in mileage 901 at AMS in Tewksbury for £10250. Would still need to add nested grips, a screen , crash bars.

Anyone selling their 901 soon with some kit on it? Very few used ones about and all at dealers.

Some health issues are making me consider selling my superb Crosstourer shortly. It’s the bike I have owned for longer than any other and the one I thought I’d never sell, but I feel I need something smaller and lighter and the more I look at this bike the more I think it’s the one for me. The new Transalp looks like it could be a great option too but the Norden just seems like more fun and has more fire in its belly.

I really do like the look of that new Expedition and if you are spending the money on a new bike I think the extras easily justify the extra cost. However I would have to find too much cash to put towards a new one. Currently there is a just run in mileage 901 at AMS in Tewksbury for £10250. Would still need to add nested grips, a screen , crash bars.

Anyone selling their 901 soon with some kit on it? Very few used ones about and all at dealers.

M&P in swansea did me a good deal on a new one and Im sure they and Marsh MX had a used one each.

M&P in swansea did me a good deal on a new one and Im sure they and Marsh MX had a used one each.

Thanks Bluebird , sorry only just seen your reply . I think I might have found a very low mileage one at a dealer albeit no accessories . Also found a nice F900XR which is another option that cheaper and with loads of useful extras , luggage heated grips et but I think the heart wants the Norden more. &#55357;&#56397;

I thought I would post this in here for anyone looking at a Norden. My first run out on mine yesterday and covered 173 miles with a possible range of 110 miles. No motorway , mostly taking it steady on smaller A and B roads with some occasional spirited riding. 73mpg.

Didn’t manage to do a brim to brim check , will do that before I go out on her again.

Attachments

• FDAE09CC-CD5F-4C93-8CB4-02B0444D6962.jpg
    FDAE09CC-CD5F-4C93-8CB4-02B0444D6962.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 161
I can concur with the excellent MPG. Again just running my bike in but got 68 on the first full tank and 71mpg on the second tank.

Very good so far and should improve as engine loosens up further. Ride quality is excellent as well as wind protection. No regrets from me so far..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been getting 68ish mpg on the 890 Adventure.
Filled it on Saturday at 215 miles, and could only get 15 litres in.
Rode the 40 miles home gently and got 72.7 mpg.
Opened the filler cap and the level was 2" from the top.

Amazing engine is the 890 given that searing top end if needed.

I tried the Norden when mine went in for a service. And although the Adv R still nudges it for me, I think the Husky will replace it in time?

I can concur with the excellent MPG. Again just running my bike in but got 68 on the first full tank and 71mpg on the second tank.

Very good so far and should improve as engine loosens up further. Ride quality is excellent as well as wind protection. No regrets from me so far..

The most overriding impression on my first proper ride was the suspension. The ride is so supple and compliant , soaking up all the bumps and some big hits but doesn’t feel soft or mushy , no excessive brake dive or pitching. Very comfortable ride. Negative was Very little engine braking though so was going down the box a bit too much to get some and then having to go up again too frequently. Last bike was a DCT Honda, barely had to change gear and all at just the push of a button ….Norden is just as quick but a bit more frantic .

Update on the Norden 901 Expedition. Just under 3k completed to date.

Observations so far, suspension is indeed excellent, small adjustments on rebound, preload and damping make big differences to handling and comfort.

Gearbox is great as is the quick shifter, probably one of the best I have experienced on a twin cylinder bike.

Fuel economy is very good, regularly seeing 65mpg and on occasions 72mpg. Tank range is between 250-280 miles.

Overall finish is good, although the black plastics marks very easily.

The heated seat is OK, not sure its needed to be honest as the bike kicks out a fair amount of heat from the left hand side. I have added a coolcover for a little bit of extra cooling which seems to have helped.

The screen seems to work height wise but as it’s quite thin there is quite a large amount of air passing around the sides and hitting the shoulders. The hand-guards and mirrors are also causing a little turbulence.

Overall the bike seems really nice to ride, sort of reminds me of my old F800GS with more power, better handling and better protection…

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkA31B7B99-15F5-49D2-8BCE-88152CFA3D96.jpg

Observations so far, suspension is indeed excellent, small adjustments on rebound, preload and damping make big differences to handling and comfort.

Gearbox is great as is the quick shifter, probably one of the best I have experienced on a twin cylinder bike.

Fuel economy is very good, regularly seeing 65mpg and on occasions 72mpg. Tank range is between 250-280 miles.

The heated seat is OK, not sure its needed to be honest as the bike kicks out a fair amount of heat from the left hand side. I have added a coolcover for a little bit of extra cooling which seems to have helped.

The screen seems to work height wise but as it’s quite thin there is quite a large amount of air passing around the sides and hitting the shoulders. The hand-guards and mirrors are also causing a little turbulence.

Overall the bike seems really nice to ride, sort of reminds me of my old F800GS with more power, better handling and better protection…

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkView attachment 265702
Good report on the bike. I likely my little 800GS, as you say it needed a good bit more power. I tested a KTM 1090 adventure when I had the 800 and just wished the 800 had that amount of power. Interesting mpg figures too with the Husky. Have you tried it two up?

Saw these for the first time in the flesh a couple of weeks ago

They look so much better in real life than in pictures

Especially liked the Expedition color scheme, looks the mutt’s nuts (y)

Saw these for the first time in the flesh a couple of weeks ago

They look so much better in real life than in pictures

Especially liked the Expedition color scheme, looks the mutt’s nuts (y)

Your right so much better in the flesh and like most bikes it looks better from certain angles.

I have not tried it 2 up yet, standard preload is 4 turns out, tried some luggage and adjusted it by 1 full turn and seemed OK. It has a maximum of 10 turns of preload so guessing it would be OK 2 up but would probably need an uprated rear spring for full luggage as well. I am not too sure it would be a great 2 up machine personally with that big 21 inch front wheel and amount of suspension dive…

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkView attachment 265702
Wow …3k already ! Great looking bike . You are right about the gear change , so sweet and the clutch action is so light . I’ve been doing a little bit of two up with my teenage daughter the past two weeks so and I was expecting a bit of ‘head banging‘ after being so used to using DCT and not having a pillion . But smooth changes are a piece of piss. I try not to use the quick shifter personally . I assume by black panels you mean the painted ones on top next to the tank , the lacquer seems to mark very easily just by hand washing.

My dealer has ordered me in the expedition screen which I just need to collect, I’m interested to see if it’s better as it is an inch or so wider each side as well as being taller.

Put an order in for a Norden 901 Expedition last week. It’s left the factory so should be here in a fortnight. Quite excited. Haven’t had a new bike in years. Speaking to the dealer it seems Husqvarna are raising the prices. TBH I’m not surprised given the spec sheet on these bikes. Let the bling begin

Back
Top Bottom