HUSQVARNA 901 2022

Well Nin, how is your new Husky? Come on, dish the dirt because I really, really like the look of the Nordens although the Expedition model is my favourite. I only ride on tarmac so I think a pair of Conti TA3s would make it a cracking road bike for touring, etc.

Well Nin, how is your new Husky? Come on, dish the dirt because I really, really like the look of the Nordens although the Expedition model is my favourite. I only ride on tarmac so I think a pair of Conti TA3s would make it a cracking road bike for touring, etc.
Expeditions are pretty much sold out from what I have been told. Main difference is suspension although they also look nicer.

It’s an 890 Adventure R in a frock.

A tall bike with wide, hard and comfy seat. Plenty of torque and power from a proven parallel twin motor. Suspension is fine but not had the chance to play with settings properly yet.

Switch gear is very KTM and back lit, has all the usual goodies like cruise, quick shift, traction etc. and ‘Explorer’ riding mode which basically user programmable mix of throttle, abs, traction etc.

Astonishing fuel consumption in high 60’s, and I’d have co hesitation in riding it around the gravel tracks we just did in France.

Can’t fault it to so far.

I was very impressed with the motor on a test ride. That was a standard 901. Sat on an expedition (sold), it's very tall.

Hey Robbie , yeah no problems two up but admittedly thata only relatively short distances so far with my daughter on the back . She seems to have plenty of room , good comfort although she does seem to slide down the seat regularly but I’m not sure if it’s her lack of experience. The Mrs could ‘read‘ my riding and brace accordingly but she stopped riding pillion when Phoebe was born, didn’t want to orphan her if the worst happened . The bike still has plenty of go two up but you do need to throw a few more gears at it sometimes.

Hey Robbie , yeah no problems two up but admittedly thata only relatively short distances so far with my daughter on the back . She seems to have plenty of room , good comfort although she does seem to slide down the seat regularly but I’m not sure if it’s her lack of experience. The Mrs could ‘read‘ my riding and brace accordingly but she stopped riding pillion when Phoebe was born, didn’t want to orphan her if the worst happened . The bike still has plenty of go two up but you do need to throw a few more gears at it sometimes.
Thanks for that Rushy it sounds alright, and the suspension is that okay ? I mean was it up to the load without getting light headed..it might be hard to assess with just short trips. Looks a good bike and and others write ups are very favourable....happy riding fella.

Just fitted the Drive Mode Dashboard setup, very please with this cockpit now.

1526a86d234d91470e163333e11faa6a.jpg

66b73110e5a628d5f78d3fc0eefd7a5c.jpg

Just fitted the Drive Mode Dashboard setup, very please with this cockpit now.

1526a86d234d91470e163333e11faa6a.jpg

66b73110e5a628d5f78d3fc0eefd7a5c.jpg

Wow

Blimey, I too have an expedition with the standard sat Nav mount and it’s naff, the weight of the Garmin XT causes weight issues with the tower and simply cannot support the unit on the bumpy back roads.

I’ll be interested how you get on with this set up.

With regards to the suspension, the rear shock is generally fine 1 up but with 2 full panniers and top box or a passenger it requires full preload set to max to get the required sag and handling.

Engine is really nice and over the 7k I have done on my bike over the last couple of months it’s averaged 65mpg.

It’s good but there are things that need fettling to make it perfect for me…heavy spring and possibly a better wider screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just whacked the preload up a couple of turns and she seemed ok . Pillion probably weighs 65kg plus gear and about 8-10kg top box weight. From what I’ve read a pillion and a full luggage load might overwhelm the shock a bit.

Rear shock is rated for a 75kg rider, I’m a bit more than that so Denz0 will be fitting a new spring soon.

In other news, the soft luggage went on today.

f16b809227d2e99e035e9d22677b2e5d.jpg

Those expeditions look fab . There was a guy picking up new one when I popped to my dealer to pick up my new expedition screen , I’m glad I didn’t spunk a load more cash on one though as the suspension did make it slightly too tall for me . Fantastic value too with all the included extras , shame they dont offer it without the tall suspension.

In the Alps last month (Austria) , saw a lot of 901's but very few KTM 890's , 901 is a cracking looking bike and the couple of owners I spoke to were well chuffed having downsized from r1250 gs/gsa models

In the Alps last month (Austria) , saw a lot of 901's but very few KTM 890's , 901 is a cracking looking bike and the couple of owners I spoke to were well chuffed having downsized from r1250 gs/gsa models
More time to post now. 901’s were £200 pcm. Now £119 @4.9%.

Given the time it would take me to save there would doubtless be a price rise or two in the meantime. Considering a PCP for re first time, seems a good price for that bike (it’s £1000 off too, below £11500)

I’d like an Expedition model but they’ll be taller, more expensive and I quite like the original colour scheme

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom