HUSQVARNA 901 2022

I'm liking the look of the norden Ive just had two Africa Twins over the last 5 years and was considering an 1100 but this has taken my fancy, most of the reviews are good with the odd negative thrown in may try and get a test ride.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

I'm liking the look of the norden Ive just had two Africa Twins over the last 5 years and was considering an 1100 but this has taken my fancy, most of the reviews are good with the odd negative thrown in may try and get a test ride.

GH Motorcycles in colchester are selling their fully loaded demo bike which you could demo also I expect. he has sold all his quota so far .

I'm popping into GH on Saturday to have a good look.

Bike looked good on the Motorcycle Show last night , better than Mr Cole's riding ie showing him carrying out an overtake of a car on double white lines

Yep,
Bought one earlier this year, and am about 5k Miles in.
Easily returns high 50's to the gallon
Seat is the only gripe with it being hard and uncomfortable, I will be getting it fixed over the winter :comfort
Had to wait for Bumot to sort the frames, as the KTM variant is slightly different due to the side panels
Pivot pegs fitted, as well as stuff from Aliexpress
Screen is short, and Husqvarna still have not got their touring screen to market, there are alternatives available at last.
Handguards are pants, and do not keep the wind off your hands.
Rear shock is undersprung, and is really set up for a 70kg rider and no luggage.

I can take some pic's if you're interested

Neil

Yep,
Bought one earlier this year, and am about 5k Miles in.
Easily returns high 50's to the gallon
Seat is the only gripe with it being hard and uncomfortable, I will be getting it fixed over the winter :comfort
Had to wait for Bumot to sort the frames, as the KTM variant is slightly different due to the side panels
Pivot pegs fitted, as well as stuff from Aliexpress
Screen is short, and Husqvarna still have not got their touring screen to market, there are alternatives available at last.
Handguards are pants, and do not keep the wind off your hands.
Rear shock is undersprung, and is really set up for a 70kg rider and no luggage.

I can take some pic's if you're interested

Neil

Thanks for that Neil. Good to hear an owners experience, YouTube is full of reviews but not bought with their own cash. Is it fun and easy to ride? Weight a bonus? I’m wondering if it’ll be like my old 990 and encourage you to ride like a twat all the time :thumb

Pics would be good

Had mine for a couple of months and I'm really pleased with it. Good deal on an ex demo model with 400 miles on the clock. It's done about 2k now and, coming from a GSA1200LC, I'm pleased. Clearly the wind protection is poor compared to the GS but it's just wind, not turbulence as some folks seem to get. I'm 5'6" and the seat height is fine, about the same as my GSA with the Sargent low seat. Handling is excellent, maybe a bit undersprung as standard. I've given the rear preload a couple of turns and that's sorted, I just need to play with the front a bit now. Used it on a few packed gravel tracks and it shines. I find the seat to be very comfortable.
I've added some Oxford heated grips, USB and DIN sockets, made a headlight guard and fitted an AXP bashplate a few days ago.
GSA to be sold soon.
IMG-20221112-141142186-HDR.jpg

Had mine for a couple of months and I'm really pleased with it. Good deal on an ex demo model with 400 miles on the clock. It's done about 2k now and, coming from a GSA1200LC, I'm pleased. Clearly the wind protection is poor compared to the GS but it's just wind, not turbulence as some folks seem to get. I'm 5'6" and the seat height is fine, about the same as my GSA with the Sargent low seat. Handling is excellent, maybe a bit undersprung as standard. I've given the rear preload a couple of turns and that's sorted, I just need to play with the front a bit now. Used it on a few packed gravel tracks and it shines. I find the seat to be very comfortable.
I've added some Oxford heated grips, USB and DIN sockets, made a headlight guard and fitted an AXP bashplate a few days ago.
GSA to be sold soon.
IMG-20221112-141142186-HDR.jpg

At 5'6" what inside leg are you? Sat on one at the nec and was surprised I could touch the floor bearing in mind I'm also 5'6"

Hi g00ner
I haven't forgotten to take some pic's of mine for you, been under the weather a bit.
I'll pull it out this weekend. as I need to fill the tank anyway :green gri

Since my last post I've now fitted the barkbusters, so I need totry them out.

PS I'm 6'4" with a 34" inside leg

I'm looking forward to seeing Lyndon rag one around Iceland :beerjug:

I really like the Norden, in fact, I like so much I may even consider swapping my Super Tenere for one!

I have a 901 coming on March 1st, its replacing a 890 adv s, was looking at getting the 23 ktm but they are nearly 14k with all the toys and the Norden has the better suspension seat etc I was looking for and i Lumped 8k on the KTM in 10 months, along with ktm discounting the 22 890 its cost me a bit, I got a deal from m&p i was happy with so lets see what its like, the engine is a belter thats for sure.

I really like the Norden, in fact, I like so much I may even consider swapping my Super Tenere for one!

My only issue is that it has a 21” front wheel and if it had a 19” front, I would have it in a heartbeat! I only ride tarmac these days, so a 19” front/17” rear would be perfect for me.

Well I took a ride over to M&Ps yesterday, had a look at a Norden there, it appears that they have a demo but it seems as if it was the salespersons day off because no one wanted to bother with me! That aside, the Norden looks lovely and seems to be nicely put together with a quality feel about it and it fits my 6’2” frame although my knees were bent more acutely than on my S10, so I really need a test ride now if M&Ps really want to sell a bike!

I was in AMS Motorcycles (Tewkesbury) on Monday, They had a demonstrator and a new bike for sale.
Agree about the look and quality of the bike, and a good alternative to the 890 ADV (R)

Back
Top Bottom