HUSQVARNA 901 2022

I could only manage 5 minutes of that JB....scripted 21st century bollox....and Poskitt is above that.

I'll be interested in a few hours test on one tho.

A bike that would suit you well, Appleyards would be worth a look into

I agree, a bit scripted

I turned the sound off and just immersed myself in the stunning scenery x

I still prefer the looks of the KTM 790/890 Adventure and that isn’t pretty.

Had a call round all the local dealers today.
Unless you pre ordered before the launch last year, there's no chance of getting a Norden in 2022
My local dealer the KTM centre in Hemel ordered 15, and is only getting 4 this year

Had a call round all the local dealers today.
Unless you pre ordered before the launch last year, there's no chance of getting a Norden in 2022
My local dealer the KTM centre in Hemel ordered 15, and is only getting 4 this year

May be there will ever be 901 of them made? Was no mention for it to be that exclusive of a bike.

The KTM Centre is my local too, haven’t been in there since last summer.

Hi EV,
Found a dealer with a demo bike, and 1 of his small allocation unsold.
The press gype has made things difficult, as the available deliveries from Mattighofen are about a third of the demand

Hi EV,
Found a dealer with a demo bike, and 1 of his small allocation unsold.
The press gype has made things difficult, as the available deliveries from Mattighofen are about a third of the demand

Are you looking to buy one or just to demo for now.?

The anticipation since the launch of the prototype at EICMA and the fact that the bike does not look to dissimilar from the prototype, plus a few extras over 890. Makes it very attractive a purchase. The big adventure bikes are all fun, but sometimes you just want something a bit more lighter & nimble.

I’d love to see one in person and to have a go on it too. But I doubt I’ll be buying a new bike any time soon. If I do, it would have to replace the 1290SA-S

Are you looking to buy one or just to demo for now.?

The anticipation since the launch of the prototype at EICMA and the fact that the bike does not look to dissimilar from the prototype, plus a few extras over 890. Makes it very attractive a purchase. The big adventure bikes are all fun, but sometimes you just want something a bit more lighter & nimble.

I’d love to see one in person and to have a go on it too. But I doubt I’ll be buying a new bike any time soon. If I do, it would have to replace the 1290SA-S

Currently have a KTM 1290 SA, and I'm starting to find it a bit heavy to move around
If the figures work out I could do the swap if the Norden works for me.

There was one at CSS Bikes in Bracknell when I was in there just before Christmas

Mini ride report and review.
I had a Norden out for a few hours today thanks to the nice team at GH Motorcycles in Colchester
Bearing in mind that the demo bike has only got about 500 miles on the clock when I picked it up I was impressed with the engine, which spins up nicely, will cruise at M'way speeds without any problems and is equally at home pottering round the lanes. The only minor complaint would be that just off idle the engine is a bit lumpy, due probably to the emissions controls.
Ergonomics are not bad straight out of the box, and I found the bike comfy, even with the seat in the low position ( I'm 6'4" tall with a 34" inside leg ) and with a bit more time to adjust things it would be an ideal bike.
The suspension is a little harsh as it came from the dealer, but this is how it was setup by their Technician. The suspension is fully adjustable manually ( No fancy electronics like by bike, KTM 1290 SA) so could be easy to get right.

The bike is a KTM 890 Adv under the skin, which means that Bumot etc luggage will fit straight on.
There are supply problems with bikes from Austria, but it seems that some dealers are getting bikes without too much of a problem.
The bike definitely feels lighter and more nible than my current 1290SA, and subject to a financial discussion will probably be the perfect replacement.

I’m totally with you that it’s just image - 21” front wheel and 215mm of fairly soft suspension travel isn’t great for the road, and a 220Kg, probably £13K premium adventure tourer isn’t going to be much use off road to all except experienced riders (with 2 or 3 extra pairs of hands to get the bike upright).

complete rubbish, I have R1100GS with 21" front wheel, ktm 990 and ktm 640 and for that matter so did my Harley they handle just fine, at speeds well above the speed limit in this country, obviously done on the unrestricted sections of the autobahn in Germany. and as for getting a bike up its all technique not strength, if you find it difficult you need to go and get training as it shouldn't be

Damning with faint praise….

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lHvtz9TLhQ4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lHvtz9TLhQ4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Still a looker though…
:coold

Well all the initial reviews from people that actually bought one are very good, only criticism seems to be the turbulence/noise off the screen. The press launch was over 2 months ago and the overriding consensus from the journo’s was very positive (the dude from visordown was whinging about the tyres and a few other things, but Fagan from 44 teeth put him right), did mcn forget to bring this dude home, is that why he so negative.

He says its an exciting dynamic bike to ride, gearbox and quick shifter are superb, seat is very comfortable and overall the bike is a great. Then proceeds to moan about the tyres, the fairing (think he means screen) not giving enough protection, handlebars are too far forward, but acknowledges they are adjustable, complains the suspension is neither the 890s for the road or the 890r for offroad, but then says the suspension is pretty good. And finally he says the price is £13K so is in the same sort of price as a GS, actually its £12349 (cruise, spot lights and quick shifter are standard), a GS is £13945 with none of that.

Saw one north of London last weekend. They don't have demo bikes available at the moment.
The only thing I can say from sitting on it is that it seems a bit too low (for me at least) on both seat settings.
You are fairly close to the bars - that's good for the type of bike.

I really like it. But all considered, I might keep the GS and go for a 701.

Back
Top Bottom