R1150 Hall sensor worn

kirby morgan

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
R1150RT, hall sensor problem.
HES removed from bike and wiring checked out fine.
Upper Honeywell sensor operating the fuel pump is damaged. Looks like the metal has been worn off by the rotating lower pulley part. Hard to explain, but essentially need to remove and replace the Honeywell sensor.
Motorworks have no used hall sensors in stock.
I have put a wanted advert on the forum but no response to the advert. Anyone got a complete hall senor with the 2 x 3 row connection for sale.
Alternatively a damaged wiring setup where the 2 sensors could be reused.

Attachments

• 20211028_110355.jpg
    20211028_110355.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 545
  • 20211028_110341.jpg
    20211028_110341.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 558
Have you tried James Sherlock?

They appear to have them in stock.

Or you could try replacing the damaged hall sensor.
They used to be Honeywell 2AV54, but I think Honeywell stopped making them.
So they are manufactured under CYHME 56, and according to Google still available.

mmmm i have a used one in the garage ,condition as to funtionality unknown ,and the multi plug is an oblong type ,if its any good to you give me a shout ,you can have it for 25 quid if any use to you
cheers fizzer

Why buy a second hand one? :confused: It could be about to go tits up just like yours and you’ve lost your money. :blast False economy if you ask me. Which you didn’t. :D
Get a brand new pattern one. At least you’ll have 12 months guarantee with it. :thumb2
The ones Sherlocks and Motorworks sell won’t be crap.

Udders, yes you are absolutely spot on. The new one from Greece comes with a 4 year guarantee.
I bought a used one from Motorworks 3 years ago to fit on a mates bike. That unit is still functioning great. Motorworks give a 6 month warranty, but the bike will soon be off the road until March /April. So warranty will be used up �� cant source a used one anyway.

If that doesn't work out I have 2-off brand new Honeywell sensors.
They were bought from this forum MANY years ago as part of a group purchase of sensors from the USA

Cheers..................Grizzly:beerjug:

Thanks to all that responded.
I have since purchased a new unit from the ebay listing in Greece, with the 4 year warranty (thanks Brian.A) and also the 2 new Honeywell units from Grizzly to sort my original hes.
The ebay listing was showing as no rectangular connectors, but after contacting the seller, he has plenty of both connectors in stock. Ebay listing is now updated.
Will update thread when new hes fitted and bike working.

Thanks to all that responded.
I have since purchased a new unit from the ebay listing in Greece, with the 4 year warranty (thanks Brian.A) and also the 2 new Honeywell units from Grizzly to sort my original hes.
The ebay listing was showing as no rectangular connectors, but after contacting the seller, he has plenty of both connectors in stock. Ebay listing is now updated.
Will update thread when new hes fitted and bike working.

Good evening guys.
I am Fotis from Greece
In my family business we make the sensors.
They are 100% made by us and not a Chinese import. I would like to tell you that it is extremely rare for a damaged sensor to be returned under warranty. And for reasons of research, if a damaged sensor is found after 4 or more years and after the warranty has expired, we will also replace it for free.
It is also our thank you that you preferred to buy from a small family business.

Hi FotisI @FotisI

Please could you put up a link to your website / company / online store?
I will be looking for some of these HES sensor soon, the ones suitable for R1100 and R1150

Thanks
Hay Ewe

Hi FotisI @FotisI

I will be looking for some of these HES sensor soon, the ones suitable for R1100 and R1150

Thanks
Hay Ewe

There is a link above in #4 to Fotis's Ebay listings, you can buy through that.

Brian.

Ahh yes,
thankyou
From reading this thread, I my understanding was that the HES sensor its self was available, not the whole assembly.
Thats ok though, I can contact the E-Bay seller and see where that leads to.

Hi FotisI @FotisI

Thanks
Hay Ewe

Hi Hay Ewe,
If anyone want to contact me, my mail: fnakos@yahoo.gr or via (Skype: fotisn1) or (Viber-WhatsUp: +306974436031)

Regards

Back
Top Bottom