Turn by turn no longer works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal service is resumed! I now have turn by turn and also speed limit info displayed, after making sure custom maps were disabled.
I also deleted the PGSW camera database, which removed the irritating warnings in the top bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A triumph for UKGSer.

Just make sure they don’t automatically activate themselves again…. Or that you don’t forget to turn them off, should you select the alternative mapping some time in the future.

make sure they don’t automatically activate themselves again

I checked yesterday.
I was wrong, they do not activate themselves after restarting the XT.

I think they all get re-activate after connecting the Zumo to the computer. I will check.

Would be nice to have a better/quicker way to select which maps are in use or some sort of basic profiling. One can only hope :)

Profiles are great, and I use them a lot on the Montana.

I checked yesterday.
I was wrong, they do not activate themselves after restarting the XT.

I think they all get re-activate after connecting the Zumo to the computer. I will check.

Would be nice to have a better/quicker way to select which maps are in use or some sort of basic profiling. One can only hope :)

I know. I was really hoping to have them on the xt.

Map selection on the xt is:
1. Semi hidden
2. It can be altered by external events (see: connecting to computer)

Far from ideal for the “adventure” gps, as you would expect users to switch maps quite often.

Await er-minios or berin's final check on whether deselected maps get automatically reselected if the dumb XT device is connected to a PC.... Then everyone will be good to go and the case closed.

Ok, good news is: the map selection from "My Maps" is now persistent.

Checked agains:

- reboot
- software update
- connection to a computer and Basecamp

So, just remember to activate/deactivate properly your maps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom