The new Navigator VI….

Wapping

Reaction score
I have just picked up my new Nav VI, having never seen one before.

Leaving aside the somewhat annoying instruction to ‘Make life a ride’, I quite like the restyling of the screen that the updated model has introduced. Quite what else might have changed, I will have to wait to see.

Leaving aside the somewhat annoying instruction to ‘Make life a ride’, I quite like the restyling of the screen that the updated model has introduced. Quite what else might have changed, I will have to wait to see.

Pics please :)

May tempt me to upgrade ;)

I've got a brand new updated nav 6 sealed. Its in the bike stuff cupboard gathering dust. I wont use it, I went for the far superior XT instead.

I've got a brand new updated nav 6 sealed. Its in the bike stuff cupboard gathering dust. I wont use it, I went for the far superior XT instead.

I will buy it ;)

I will buy it ;)

:D

My best mate, Who lives in Zeeland, Holland, I've been friends with since we were seven years old (1976) has just bought a GSA. I'm giving it to him....:beer:

I quite like it as well. Bought one recently whilst in UK! :D from a BMW dealer in Wales who was selling them for 485. indeed the ''all black'' look goes well with the TFT screen I think. Also not sure what else has changed since its my first one....

My new ‘Make life a ride’ Nav VI, having previously worked perfectly for nearly 1000 miles, then developed demonic possession. The screen froze, zoomed in and out, thought I was somewhere in Yorkshire (as if) when in reality I was in rural Essex. It then zoomed right in and stuck firm, the screen absolutely unresponsive. I could fix the problem temporarily by shutting the device down, then restarting it, only to have it happen again….. and again…. And again. I then gave up and tried again in the afternoon. The same thing happened…. Again…. And again.

I didn’t get a chance to check the device on another bike, so I cannot rule out that the cause is maybe the cradle or the iWheel. Whatever the cause, the device is back with BMW.

Ironically, I only took the Nav VI along on my jaunt as I was testing the beta version of the Connected app for BMW. I took the Nav VI along just for back-up, in case the beta version went flaky. In the end, the beta version was fine.

Didn't have any issues with the 5. But man...... the 6 was shocking how bad it was.

Odd that I’ve never had an issue. Ever.
On 2 x GS and the 701, it’s just worked.

I would have said the same, as my first edition (pre Make life a ride) was faultless all of its life. I sold it on the forum. My new (Make life a ride version) was faultless, right up until it wasn’t. Make what you will of that.

I'm sorry but how can the nav prep cradle effect the screen ghosting issue, where is this evidence, not that I really care as I now have the connect cradle but intrigued

I'm sorry but how can the nav prep cradle effect the screen ghosting issue, where is this evidence, not that I really care as I now have the connect cradle but intrigued

It depends on what symptoms the device is showing, I guess.

There is a possibility that my new Nav VI (see description of its demonic possession in post #8) was receiving faulty instructions from the iWheel or the cradle. Had I been able then and there to take it off my 850 and plonk it onto my 1600 or just run it in the car, I might have been able to maybe rule this in or out. Similarly, had I had my Nav V with me, I could have plonked that in, to see if that misbehaved. But, even that would not be definite, as they are different devices and maybe respond differently to inputs from the wheel / cradle. Similarly, I could have just taken the Nav VI off its cradle and run it on its own, to see if it misbehaved. I didn’t but I should have done.

To be honest, I am half thinking it was the cradle / iWheel but why it worked fine for 100’s of miles around Belgium and then didn’t for 150 miles up into Essex, I have no idea.

Either way, it is now with BMW in Battersea and I’m in no pressing need to get it back.

Connection on the rear becomes sporadic and begins to give false signals as if the wonder wheel is being activated.
The cradle could be affected in exactly the same way

Connection on the rear becomes sporadic and begins to give false signals as if the wonder wheel is being activated.
The cradle could be affected in exactly the same way

Sorry I just can't see that as the ghosting also happens when not in the cradle. It's just a poor quality product unfortunately, I think they are now past the point of more faulty units that non faulty units. Also the nav 5 has never shown any of these failures used in the same cradle, I think you are clutching at straws there.

Sorry I just can't see that as the ghosting also happens when not in the cradle. It's just a poor quality product unfortunately, I think they are now past the point of more faulty units that non faulty units. Also the nav 5 has never shown any of these failures used in the same cradle, I think you are clutching at straws there.

Nope. I had the cradle on the 1200 changed by Bahnstormers for that reason on the Nav V.

So are you saying that all the nav 6 issues are caused by the cradle? I had a nav 5 in my cradle and never had one issue, must have had 6 or 7 nav 6's including two new black editions which I all took back and in the end got a refund. Now been on the connect cradle and it's been perfect, only one common denominator there and that the nav 6

Back
Top Bottom