The new Navigator VI….

Even more impressed now!

Unit arrived this morning. It's a brand new boxed 'Make Life a Ride' unit complete with case, screwdriver etc

Just spoken to Gamin and it has a 2 year warranty!

Lets now see how we get on

Mike

Even more impressed now!

Unit arrived this morning. It's a brand new boxed 'Make Life a Ride' unit complete with case, screwdriver etc

Mike

Hope you have better luck than than I did with my two Make Life a Ride navs that failed within two weeks of being on the bike.

Both new in BMW box, cellophane wrapped for freshness...

Even more impressed now!

Just spoken to Gamin and it has a 2 year warranty!

Mike

Hope you have better luck than than I did with my two Make Life a Ride navs that failed within two weeks of being on the bike.

Both new in BMW box, cellophane wrapped for freshness...

I don’t want to possibly spoil your day Mike R, but my brand new latest generation (Make Life a Ride) Navigator device failed, displaying all the stuck screen, wrong position, ghosting problems that blighted some earlier models. I went for and received a full cash refund from BMW, who had sold me the device in the first place only a few months before. I then bought an XT and / or started using BMW’s Connect app / MyRoute on my phone.

Good luck with your new device.

:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob

i agree entirely Wapping but I am in a win/win situation now

My previous 6 was unreliable and worthless (I would not sell it on with known faults)

I now have a brand new, latest edition unit with a 2 year warranty. If this does fail (and evidence seems to suggest it will) I will get it replaced under warranty. I will then sell the new unit on eBay and use the money to buy and XT and an adaptor for the BW cradle

As I said, win/win

Mike

I'm sorry but how can the nav prep cradle effect the screen ghosting issue, where is this evidence, not that I really care as I now have the connect cradle but intrigued

if the cradle isnt aligned properly then the pins could be touching your NAV in the wrong place, causing issues
again if the pins are dirty or not making contact properly, you will have issues

I had the ghosting issue and in a desperate measure using a toothbrush sized wire brush i scrubbed the pins
its not done it since.... albeit its only been 3 weeks
But it used to do it every ride, i went to Scotland and back last week and it worked perfectly for a change.

Call me cynical as well as other things :D

seems to be alot for sale last few months nav 5 & 6 all allegedly trouble free.

I was tempted at the XT deal on bluelight website but prefer tomtom on my phone - it justs works very well.
Have purchased a 2nd phone Samsung s8+ and use without a sim card with a slightly cracked screen for peanuts. Can also use spotify at same time.

It would take something very special for me to go back to dedicated twat nav

if the cradle isnt aligned properly then the pins could be touching your NAV in the wrong place, causing issues
again if the pins are dirty or not making contact properly, you will have issues

I had the ghosting issue and in a desperate measure using a toothbrush sized wire brush i scrubbed the pins
its not done it since.... albeit its only been 3 weeks
But it used to do it every ride, i went to Scotland and back last week and it worked perfectly for a change.

I am fortunate enough to own 3 bikes,,,,a 1250GSA, f850GS and a Yamaha XT1200 Super Tenere with an old Zumo 660 mount. I have had Nav 6 problems on all 3 bikes, so in my case it definitely was not a cradle issue

I now have a brand new, latest edition unit with a 2 year warranty.

Did they tell you it would come with a two year warranty? With me they said 3 months.

When I got fed up with them and asked for my money back, I had to cover the cost to return and the robbing bastards still stuffed me for a handling charge.

Hopefully yours will be fine and you'll have the same hassles as others have.

Call me cynical as well as other things :D

seems to be alot for sale last few months nav 5 & 6 all allegedly trouble free.

I have noticed this too.

I'm not aware on the 5's having any issues. The first 6 I had was fine, right up until it was stolen...

I tried my old Zumo 660 in the factory Nav cradle of my 1250 GSA Rallye and it fits/locks, gets power and turns on with the bike (but doesn't turn off - no biggie) so at least I have a working (albeit steam powered) Nav solution for now. The bike knows a Nav unit is fitted but when switching over to NAV on the TFT there is no functionality.

My local parts guy advised me not to buy a Nav 6 and just use a connected ride cradle for my smartphone, or buy an XT.

Did they tell you it would come with a two year warranty? With me they said 3 months.

Yep. I rang Garmin up and asked a specific question about warranty. The operative checked the system which (he said) has me recorded as having a brand new unit with a 2 year warranty

Mike

Yep. I rang Garmin up and asked a specific question about warranty. The operative checked the system which (he said) has me recorded as having a brand new unit with a 2 year warranty

Mike

Fingers crossed you don't need it:beerjug:

Well, as predicted the new 'Make Life a Ride' Nav 6 has just gone pear-shaped in a big way displaying all the faults of my previous unit

Time to ring Garmin again although this time I'll seriously consider an XT

Mike

I am convinced this issue is with the cradles and not the units

Don't think so

I've 3 bikes.....2 with the BMW cradle and one with an old Zumo 660 cradle. It's the same on all 3. Furthermore the unit is ghosting and freezing off the bike.

Spoke to Garmin this morning and they're going to replace the unit and give me another 2 year warranty although I'm thinking of getting either a Nav 5 or an Zumo XT as a back up

Mike

I am convinced this issue is with the cradles and not the units

Nothing whatsoever to do with the cradles. Mine was the same as Mike R off the bike and on other bikes. If it was a cradle problem, do you think Garmin would keep replacing then units?

Very impressed with Garmin Customer Service if not the Nav 6

Old unit (well, not really old.....came as a replacement in June 22....new unit in box with all the gubins) returned last Tuesday due to 'ghosting' and freezing.

Brand new unit arrived today, again in the box with all the accessories....getting quite a collection.....and another 2 year warranty given in writing!

I had to ring Garmin shortly after posting the unit back and explain I'd left my SD card in the returned unit.......that has come back with the new Nav 6.

Think I'll persevere with the Nav 6 and take up a friends offer of a Nav 5 as a back up

Mike

I have been looking at options for Nav on my F750GS and had a couple of options, blow the entire bike buget on a Nav VI, buy my friends Nav V or fit my old Garmin Zumo 345.

After reading all of the posts on Nav VI problems I am awfully glad I went for the Nav V option as I have saved about £600 and still have something that works.

Ain't technology wonderful?

My replacement VI went haywire today. Within an hour of getting home it’s winging it’s way back to Garmin for another replacement. I’ll see how this fairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a refurbished pre-MLaR Nav6. Garmin sold it to me as a replacement for a broken Nav5. I’ve used it endlessly for a couple of years on multiple bikes, including my V4S MTS. It has never misbehaved.

I’ve just come back from an 8,000 mile trek across sub-Saharan Africa. I was so nervous about all the feedback on here about the Nav6 that I took my back-up Nav5 (bought used from this parish a while back) instead. It also never misbehaved.

Back
Top Bottom