1200GS (2006) Headlight Upgrade

Mark H-W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It’s a minefield!
1:Are the LED replacement units a good option? What other options are a worthwhile modification.
2: I would also like to fit additional lights to back up dipped and high beam. Can I link lights to link when dipped and main beam come on.
Thanks again
Mark

The Chinese headlight unit works well with 4 x 15 w Led`s on dip and a very sharp cut off. the 2 15 w main beam projectors are also quite good.
I also have two Hella FF50 Halogen spots that come on with main beam, I will swap these for led`s when I see an led with a specification that has a longer beam throw at a sensible price.
Just power the extra lights from the battery via a fuse and a relay , trigger the relay with the service that you require them to function with I.e. main beam.
The can bus system will not be affected by the impedance / current drain of the relay coil.

The Chinese headlight unit works well with 4 x 15 w Led`s on dip and a very sharp cut off. the 2 15 w main beam projectors are also quite good.
I also have two Hella FF50 Halogen spots that come on with main beam, I will swap these for led`s when I see an led with a specification that has a longer beam throw at a sensible price.
Just power the extra lights from the battery via a fuse and a relay , trigger the relay with the service that you require them to function with I.e. main beam.
The can bus system will not be affected by the impedance / current drain of the relay coil.

You Rode past my Gaff a weekend or two back Chris, hope you're keeping well?

It’s a minefield!
1:Are the LED replacement units a good option? What other options are a worthwhile modification.
2: I would also like to fit additional lights to back up dipped and high beam. Can I link lights to link when dipped and main beam come on.
Thanks again
Mark

I had one fitted to my f800gsa, good quality kit and excellent light pattern and more visibile in daylight

We often go through Martin on route, to or from a fix of Chocolate Fudge Cake and Ice Cream at Janets tea room - Woodhall spa.
Had the GS1200 Mot`d yesterday, made a point of saying that it was an aftermarket Chinese unit and asked what the beam pattern and adjustment looked like.
He said that it was "perfect" :)

We often go through Martin on route, to or from a fix of Chocolate Fudge Cake and Ice Cream at Janets tea room - Woodhall spa.
Had the GS1200 Mot`d yesterday, made a point of saying that it was an aftermarket Chinese unit and asked what the beam pattern and adjustment looked like.
He said that it was "perfect" :)

That's good.
Mine flew through with it too, but then it did with the LED Set-up I had before all the sh#te that blew up recently regarding modded Light Units.
Janet's is really popular with Bikers, you often see a good few outside.
Have you seen my Cousin Ian lately?
I don't know whether him and Pete B have been away again, I don't see him much.

Back
Top Bottom