Orange has poisoned me

Yes and no - there are some combined KTM/Husqvarna dealers i.e. Gear 4 but most are still separate and far less Husqvarna dealers.

The KTM Centre in Hemel Hempstead are combined. Same showroom albeit at opposite ends, yet service department for both, is combined.

I think the fact will be not all KTM dealers will sell Husqvarnas.

I made the mistake of test riding the 890 adventure. I did have an F800gs years ago but hated it and went back to a 1200gs. Been on a 1200lc for 5 years now and use it for everything from Rallys to touring Europe and even two up with the wife on the back.
I found the 890 alive and dare I say it exciting? Engine was nicer than the Africa Twin I tried and riding position was aggressive but comfortable.
Tell me why I should turn orange? I think the only issue would be two up riding.

take wife on testdrive with bike loaded and see if boxes are all ticked, maybe save you headache later

Know what you mean about DB, but how about Gear4, I have much preferred to go to them for my KTM’s

I far prefer the looks of the Norden to the KTM.

Plus, you could call it Dennis.

I’ve just spat coffee all over myself :D

One bit of trickery with the Dennis is that they’ve hidden the lower tanks much better than KTM. It just looks better from all angles. Whether or not it’s better is another matter. For one reason and another I haven’t owned a KTM but from a few test rides I think they’re excellent bikes with a high standard of build.

I have done 25,000 miles on a 1200 GS and the same on a KTM 1290 SAS. Also 50,000 on a KTM 950 adventure.

on BMW only thing that broke was screen adjuster - replaced under warranty. KTM fuel cap bust, out of warranty, think it was about £150. Occasional fault codes on dash but they seem to disappear

there were signs off rust on the GS after 3 years, KTM still pretty pristine after 4 years

admittedly you don't get same 'would sir be wanting a double chocca mocha latte with a caramel twist' treatment at KTM dealers but really don't think there is a any issue with reliability

I'm lucky enough to own a 1250 GS and an 890 Adventure R. If I had to get rid of one it'd be the GS. The GS is better for riding 2 up and has more torque but that's about it. Don't get me wrong I do like the GS but prefer the 890, it's more involving and fun to ride.
I've done lots of miles on various big KTM's without any undue problems so nothing to be concerned over the reliability or build quality either.

Test rode the S version again Saturday but this time I didn't enjoy it as much as last time, not sure why that was. Last time I tried the 1290 then the 890 this time just got straight off my GS.
I can't seem to get a test on a R anywhere, so if some one has an R near Redneck Norfolk they would let me try I'd be grateful.

Cruisin on the 890?

I'm lucky enough to own a 1250 GS and an 890 Adventure R. If I had to get rid of one it'd be the GS. The GS is better for riding 2 up and has more torque but that's about it. Don't get me wrong I do like the GS but prefer the 890, it's more involving and fun to ride.
I've done lots of miles on various big KTM's without any undue problems so nothing to be concerned over the reliability or build quality either.

Hi, I’m contemplating changing to the 890 from my 1250GS, which I do love & primarily use for motorway for business mileage although if it was purely my bike I’d go with the 890. If I was to swop I’d want to ensure that it could do 80-90 on the motorway comfortably … is this the case (yes I know that’s not what it’s designed for however…)

Hope you can advise.

Hi, I’m contemplating changing to the 890 from my 1250GS, which I do love & primarily use for motorway for business mileage although if it was purely my bike I’d go with the 890. If I was to swop I’d want to ensure that it could do 80-90 on the motorway comfortably … is this the case (yes I know that’s not what it’s designed for however…)

Hope you can advise.

The 890 will cruise comfortably at 80 to 90 mph engine wise. You may need to change the screen. I’m 6’2” and use a Touratech clip on spoiler come extender on top of the R screen. Quite a few people change the GS screen as well. The GS is better for the use you’ve outlined but the 890 is acceptable

Back
Top Bottom