Hyperpro supenders

My sincere apologies.
JB made a ‘state the obvious post’ so I made a tongue in cheek reply and off he goes on one.
My bad, but I forgot that some on here are rather up tight.
The Hyperpro kit on my ATAS made a huge difference.I had a new spring for the rear and new fork springs , set up for my weight.
No reason why the same bike specific kit wouldn’t improve the GS no end .

That all sounds good. I emailed Hyperpro earlier about springs for my weight and usage pattern ie needing to able to deal with solo all the way up to two up with luggage. Looks like from what you've said they should be able to adjust accordingly.
Did you buy direct or via a dealer? I've asked that too... just awaiting a reply...

cheers

That all sounds good. I emailed Hyperpro earlier about springs for my weight and usage pattern ie needing to able to deal with solo all the way up to two up with luggage. Looks like from what you've said they should be able to adjust accordingly.
Did you buy direct or via a dealer? I've asked that too... just awaiting a reply...

cheers

Direct i think

YSS make decent, rebuildable shocks at a more palatable price point. Ive got them on an oilhead and two airheads and they dont feel that much different to the ohlins I have on another bike.

Andres has left?

This place is really dying at an exponential rate. It’s such a shame. Im glad I’ve a secure job.

There are quite a few narcissistic Bully’s in here. And a number of delusional stargazers. You all make sure to have a marvelous day!

YSS make decent, rebuildable shocks at a more palatable price point. Ive got them on an oilhead and two airheads and they dont feel that much different to the ohlins I have on another bike.
Aha! Are they decent on the GS? I've looked at hyperpro and they're still pretty expensive. YSS are a more reasonable price but nobody seems to mention them......

They get a lot of recommends on the Bonneville, but I went with Hagon on that motorcycle.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I had a hyper pro on an 1150 adventure. It was great. Hoping to put a yss on my 1200 this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is it not worth getting the OE shock rebuilt ? Surely would be cheaper, and back then the build quality was decent so it must be worth considering. Interested on views cos my suspension is original……and has now covered about 40k miles.

Well I've just got a fairly low mileage shock off eBay to replace my current one. If rebuilding is an affordable option the I should always have one spare.....

Is it not worth getting the OE shock rebuilt ? Surely would be cheaper, and back then the build quality was decent so it must be worth considering. Interested on views cos my suspension is original……and has now covered about 40k miles.

Not all OEM are rebuildable as I was informed (or not worth the trouble). Had my rear rebuilt, but front was changed on my 1150r. YSS. Liking it but cant really comment as only done 1.5k on it and nothing other than oem to compare it to. But seems fine

Well I've just got a fairly low mileage shock off eBay to replace my current one. If rebuilding is an affordable option the I should always have one spare.....

Money well spent.

yes they’re more than decent, Tristafarian.
Unless they have an option of a remote preload be aware that they mount with the adjuster collar at the top so you need to remove the shock to adjust the preload...

Some further useful bits of info ... many thanks...

Rich

My rear Hyperpro has the remote Hi/Lo damping, but not preload adjustment.

I can appreciate that anyone who regularly swaps between solo/pillion may need that feature, but I’ve never needed to touch it since I fitted them in the first place. Denz0 has set the shock back up after refurb, based on the new spring, my weight, etc, and has it set perfectly so I don’t expect to need to touch them again for another 10yrs… :thumb2

Very good...

Ill need the hydraulic preload for exactly the reasons above....

Ill make a decision soonish on what I'm going to get... I'm finding it a tough call when the std suspension isn't exactly knackered, just agricultural, and new units will cost about 30% of the bikes value!

I picked up some s/h Hyperpro’s for my 1150GS quite a few yrs ago. £220 for the pair, still in their wooden cases and unfitted.

They’ve been excellent and have been refurb’d by Denz0 for the first time, earlier this year. Now they’re excellent again… so I would recommend.

i replaced my original shocks front and back on my 1150 adv from new.the front kept the original progressive spring the rear was fitted with an american linear spring,all all worked out by my weight and camping gear and solo etc. bike now on 170000 miles serviced 3 times by reactive suspension in york and never been a problem.as mentioned above get a preload adjuster.at the time they were top of the range with hi n low damping.if you need a bit more confidence in buying tisklanought on here had broken down more than once on his ohlins equiped bike while travelling around the globe then fitted hyperpro with no more problems hth regards george.

They do a remote reservoir version...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303567435075

Much better for convenience... Decent shock but the lower mounting on the 1100GS meant that the basic version was on the top... I spoke with the Shock Factory man about an 1150RT shock and he explained that he wouldn't/ couldn't make a version for the 1100, probably due to the common components used...

Back
Top Bottom