Hyperpro supenders

Rich C

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Gents and maybe ladies.... I am weighing up my options in terms of a suspension upgrade on my 96 1100GS. I've had Willbers on my 1150 and liked them but they're going to be £1200ish for a pair, Ohlins somewhat more.

Has anyone had Hyperpro on theirs and if so how did you rate them? Cant find much info on a search...

Thanks in advance

Rich

I picked up some s/h Hyperpro’s for my 1150GS quite a few yrs ago. £220 for the pair, still in their wooden cases and unfitted.

They’ve been excellent and have been refurb’d by Denz0 for the first time, earlier this year. Now they’re excellent again… so I would recommend.

Attachments

• 7196DA65-E41E-4F5B-80F8-4A46F8FA9E6E.jpg
    7196DA65-E41E-4F5B-80F8-4A46F8FA9E6E.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 325
Paul

Saw your thread on the refurb which was sort of what made me start thinking about them so thanks for the info on their performance.... You struck lucky on the cost of them when you bought them! Id never be that fortunate... And I remember your IOM videos from back in the day!

cheers

R

Cheers Rich. I still pinch myself over some of the bargains I’ve picked up over the years, and these were certainly one of the best.

EBay.de used to be a great source of bits before:
- people had easy translation tools
- people realised how modular BMWs are
- we left the EU
I’ve had BMW riding kit, wheels, suspension, seats…, all sent over with no issues and with much lower postage costs than sending the other way.

Paul

Saw your thread on the refurb which was sort of what made me start thinking about them so thanks for the info on their performance.... You struck lucky on the cost of them when you bought them! Id never be that fortunate... And I remember your IOM videos from back in the day!

cheers

R

I bought a pair of used Hyperpros from this forum a few years ago for my 1999 1100GS . Think I paid £500 for the pair from a chap that was 'de-farkling' his bike before sale.
They have been superb especially 2 up and the progressive spring rate also helps when loaded up. Although I will admit to being a 'low mileage rider' so I have hardly punished them! :)
Cheers, Nick

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wow, never knew that ……:)

Was there any need for that comment ?

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, they say

Fake, pseudo smilies don't cut it either...........most of us can see through your pseudo 'banter'

Fake, pseudo smilies don't cut it either...........most of us can see through your pseudo 'banter'

Good morning Grumpy.
Seems like you’ve left your sense of humour under the bed.

:comfort:hug has somebody pissed all over your cornflakes this morning?

JB just have a laugh you grumpy old sod.

If we can’t have a laugh, a bit of wit or sarcasm, perhaps we should ask BHT to shut this place down all together? I’ll be better off (maybe) in my bank account by a £6 refund too.

EDITED: fellow tosser pissed me off by pointing out a spelling mistake. Now my day not worth living. I shall awake with a better mindset tomorrow morning. Rest of this day shall see me making vile comments all over this forum. You have been warned. :cheers

Good morning Grumpy.
Seems like you’ve left your sense of humour under the bed.

There you go again, can't help yourself.............

You're a true narcissist & a troll, end of

You have driven a few good members away from this forum, what happened to your long contrite post about a 'reformed' Arsey, didn't last long:blast

You have driven a few good members away from this forum, what happened to your long contrite post about a 'reformed' Arsey, didn't last long:blast

Change the record you pathetic little man.
If you’re referring to your boyfriend Nutty, I’m sure Evskij can fill you in on what a lovely guy he is !

Anyway ,
To get this thread back on track , I can recommend Hyperpro. Had a set on my ATAS. No idea how they perform on a GS though .

:comfort:hug has somebody pissed all over your cornflakes this morning?

JB just have a lough you grumpy old sod.

If we can’t have a lough, a bit of wit or sarcasm, perhaps we should ask BHT to shut this place down all together? I’ll be better off (maybe) in my bank account by a £6 refund too.

Banter is fine

Arsey doesn't do banter, he hounds people, follows them around and launches veiled and barbed, but aimed attacks on them, by singling them out and ultimately driving them from the forum
Usually against people he has never met, but feels they should be singled out for his commentary, time & again because he thinks they are 'uncool' in his world of supercool 'flying the skies' persona, where he's above the rest of us, in more ways then one

Take Udders, for example.............a humble wagon driver, who I have met and is a decent bloke in real life, just an ordinary fella
He probably ain't rich or famous, but just a normal chap
He's sorting a bike out and planning a trip, maybe with Tim (from memory) to Iceland and is asking for tips and hints for camping equipment
Arsey wades in and with nowt to add, in terms of relevance to his questions and just calls him 'needy twat' for asking so many questions
Nobody else does that, just Martin

Ask yourself why?

Look at Nutty, what Arsey did (if they had a private spat, on your behalf... they should have sorted it out in private (exhaust)....) was to drive him away

No sense of humour failure here, just speaking as I find.............I see i'm on Arsey's 'hit' list this week

Change the record you pathetic little man.
If you’re referring to your boyfriend Nutty, I’m sure Evskij can fill you in on what a lovely guy he is !

There you go again, you're cnut of the highest order

You know Nutty better than me and shared a house with him, did the bromance not work out and that's why you're upset?

Gentlemen Gentlemen Gentlemen.... Enough

I ask a sensible and serious question about some suspension units and the sniping and backbiting that seems to have infected this place has even made it into the relative calm of the oilhead section!

Thanks again to those that have given me some answers...

Anyway ,
To get this thread back on track , I can recommend Hyperpro. Had a set on my ATAS. No idea how they perform on a GS though .[/QUOTE]

Thankyou... I was keen to look at other options than the inevitable Willbers & Ohlins and there may also be a modest saving to be had.

Anyway ,
To get this thread back on track , I can recommend Hyperpro. Had a set on my ATAS. No idea how they perform on a GS though .

Thankyou... I was keen to look at other options than the inevitable Willbers & Ohlins and there may also be a modest saving to be had.

My sincere apologies.
JB made a ‘state the obvious post’ so I made a tongue in cheek reply and off he goes on one.
My bad, but I forgot that some on here are rather up tight.
The Hyperpro kit on my ATAS made a huge difference.I had a new spring for the rear and new fork springs , set up for my weight.
No reason why the same bike specific kit wouldn’t improve the GS no end .

Don’t tell me that Arsey drove away Outtomunch? As that be news to me.

Unlike yourself (will mention in vein, apologies in advance) Cabby, Udders who stirs up an elephant out of the ant and Nutty (the only guy who has actually been “driven away” that I am aware of) who has flounced off after chucking every toy he has ever had out the pram…. Andres has actually left peacefully on his terms and for his own reasons (which we may never know) and without any drama, so much so that it took some time for people to realise that. He is and will be missed by many.

I am not the one to argue with people, but it seem that you enjoy starting the fight then, complain about it when you get pummelled.

Stating the obvious, like you did above is a sure way to ask for a sarcastic response.

Instead of getting pissed off at the comments, you ether don’t bite (or better not post them in the first place) or flip the coin and come back with much better response. All you doing, is pouring fuel all over your self and then begging for people to light you up.

If certain members on here annoy you. Just ignore them, scroll past and move on with your day.

Wapping is a master at sarcasm, you must not like him too?

Forget about it, Have a great day and I do mean it, you must have better things to focus on in life. This place is a “comedy show” at least that’s how I view it and therefore I leave smiling every time.

:comfort :hug

Back
Top Bottom