Husky Whine

nicholsonj2252

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I took delivery of my brand new 701 Enduro today but it's making a strange noise when the ignition is on , engine not running

When i turn the key I can hear the fuel pump priming but then it makes a continuous whining sound from something in the fuel system

I assume this is not normal and it shouldn't be making this noise

Any thoughts or information gratefully accepted......

https://youtu.be/F_c1re3NI_k

I get a similar sound from my 1190.
I suspected fuel pump but a (thorough!) perusal of the “Tell me about your 1190” thread suggested throttle stepper motors.
HTH!

Just found this.....the noise is apparently normal with all KTM/Husqvarna with ride by wire

"The noise comes from a small DC motor inside the throttle body. This is controlled by the ECU using a constant position control alghorithm with a control frequency of approximately 1kHz which keeps the throttle exactly in position. What you hear is the 1kHz control frequency of the throttle. This is active all the time, also when the engine is running, but at rest it is heard . This control cycle is necessary for a fast throttle response with idle to fully open in about 50ms"

Just found this.....the noise is apparently normal with all KTM/Husqvarna with ride by wire

"The noise comes from a small DC motor inside the throttle body. This is controlled by the ECU using a constant position control alghorithm with a control frequency of approximately 1kHz which keeps the throttle exactly in position. What you hear is the 1kHz control frequency of the throttle. This is active all the time, also when the engine is running, but at rest it is heard . This control cycle is necessary for a fast throttle response with idle to fully open in about 50ms"

Thanks for the enlightenment!:)

I know this is an old (ish) thread now but when I bought my 2018 701 at the beginning of this month the seller demonstrated this feature and reassured me it was normal.

Back
Top Bottom