Good service from Louis.de

Wapping

Reaction score
When you order from Louis.de they give you a price which, in their view, includes all the relevant transport, import and other charges due. They also say that, should the customer be charged anything in addition, that they (Louis.de) will reimburse the customer for any additional charges they might accrue, in the wonderful post-Brexit world we now inhabit.

I am pleased to confirm that Louis.de are as good as their word, reimbursement from them comes by return, all conducted in via one simple email to their accounts department.

Bravo, but I wonder how sustainable that service is, they may have a loophole where they can recover the VAT, but not the duty element.

There is something wrong when it’s cheaper or better to buy from overseas than in the U.K., this maybe another example of the U.K. following the rules whilst the members of the EU flout them. I have experience of Belgians ignoring the expensive h & S standards we follow to the letter.

My gloves should land on my doorstep today, courtesy of Parcel Force. The delay? Brexit nonsense, resolved by Louis.de who are, of course, German and part of the EU.

Amazing, good shopping, good international trade, and an independent freedom. The future is bright.

Amazing, good shopping, good international trade, and an independent freedom. The future is bright.

Yes, because ordering a pair of gloves from a very helpful German retailer makes Brexit an unreserved success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, because ordering a pair of gloves from a very helpful German retailer makes Brexit an unreserved success.

Are you mental? My post said nothing of the sort.

It just proves good international trade is possible, as well as true independence.

Independence has given us the future we need

Can you tell car manufacturers that trade with the EU is frictionless as Wapping was able to easily buy a pair of gloves from Louis.de please, I’m sure that will put their minds at ease.

And the UK is one of the oldest independent democracies anyway, we just chose to work closely with our nearest neighbours, now we treat them as the enemy.

I have just ordered two Touratech tank bags, via Touratech’s UK website. The bags themselves ship from Germany. I’ll be mildly interested to see if the bags attract the same interest from the UK’s customs and excise bods as the gloves did.

Back
Top Bottom