AIRHEAD MEETING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXydVRTylL4&t=382s

Not "our Routes" but certainly some of the roads were to be on (no Town centres thanks)
Thanks to a nice chappy on the ABR site for posting it up ( Looks like he comes from Chezzer too )

Not sure Hartington qualifies as a town centre. Did I see Leek in there as well? Lost after that so I'm looking forward to some new roads

Spies ... battalions etc

I'm dropping out of this one folks. The missus tested positive for Covid yesterday, plus an elderly close relative has been hospitalised and, almost certainly, will not survive the week.

If someone can cancel my tent space please? Next time, hopefully. In fact, I may take a birl down there later in the summer, now that I've got a route on the Garmin.

Enjoy.

Not to worry then, have a good time all��

Are you not coming over then? My X Challenge is out of action, which is why I haven't been over to you yet. Needs a bit doing, new wiring loom throughout - Jon Nicholson sorted me an original wiring loom complete, he has connections. Boom boom!

BREAKFAST SHOUT....

How many want a cooked breakfast at the campsite? Or are we going to ride to 'breakfast' venue?

Looking forward to meeting you all. :thumby:

I take nobody wants a breakfast cooking at the pub then. They needed to know by today to get the chef and provisions sorted for us. Breakfast DIY or out and about it is then! :thumby:

Sorry I can’t join you fellas, hope you have a great time (I’d have gone for the breakfast we’re I there!)

Morning Campers/day visitors

Bank Top, Winster, Matlock DE4 2DR
I am arriving at the venue around 1300 Friday. Just spoke to Simon (King rat)he said he will also try and be there early.
At the venue (Miners standard) pull up at the gate entrance to the campsite on the left side of the pub.
It may be locked (combination lock) pop in and see staff who will book you in and give you the number. I would imagine payment will be needed too
Friday afternoon early evening we will be having a run up to the 3 reservoirs (dams) used in the practice runs in WW2 by the Dam buster planes.
Sat morning ride outs start whenever the participants get their heads together and get time sorted. Try and arrive with 100 mile of petrol please
= Like, not with a "can I go to fuel station first please"

Breakfasts at Monyash start at 10am Yonderman 8am Flash Stores 8am.
Chippy at Darley dale opens at 1630 (so it says)
I think that's it

HTHY :thumby:

I'm dropping out of this one folks. The missus tested positive for Covid yesterday, plus an elderly close relative has been hospitalised and, almost certainly, will not survive the week.

If someone can cancel my tent space please? Next time, hopefully. In fact, I may take a birl down there later in the summer, now that I've got a route on the Garmin.

Enjoy.

Sorry we shan’t be seeing you Pete.
Hope your good lady not too badly afflicted.
Maybe see you later in the year?

I’ll be there from Friday lunchtime, staying 2 nights bnb in the pub. 👍
I will be on this old gal and will be my first airhead event , see you all there 👍

Attachments

• 06B52F8B-8EFA-48A6-AFD3-EE479A41E4F5.jpg
    06B52F8B-8EFA-48A6-AFD3-EE479A41E4F5.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 186
This old girl may well make an appearance!

Attachments

• A9587E20-C138-4B2E-9D18-9FC932013729.jpg
    A9587E20-C138-4B2E-9D18-9FC932013729.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 94518A2A-46D6-4AE2-AE1E-A41BC2DB57BF.jpg
    94518A2A-46D6-4AE2-AE1E-A41BC2DB57BF.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 190
Can you take that out and get it dirty please before Friday it’s too clean ��

I shall be on the red one.... Blacknblue, can you try and ride a bit slower this time please? There is no way on earth I could keep up with you in Wales. Mind you, poor old Mick was having to wait for me the other day. Maybe I shall just have to follow the bread crumbs! :D

Attachments

• DSC_3185.jpg
    DSC_3185.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 191
Which Bike

Might bring this one…….might not

Attachments

• 04C21B8F-4FE7-40CB-9696-12E2B2C15D3E.jpg
    04C21B8F-4FE7-40CB-9696-12E2B2C15D3E.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 179
PS. nearest petrol fuel is on A6 at Darley Dale (3 mile away)

Further south on the A6 there's Sainsburys at Matlock - marginally further from Winster but with the bonus of a supermarket attached if you need it.

All packed, got the Sat nav and Haribos … leaving in a bit :beerjug:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 156
All packed, got the Sat nav and Haribos … leaving in a bit :beerjug:[/QUO
If you stop for petrol in Wirksworth (after Duffield on the B5023), you can turn left immediately after the petrol station to cut the corner onto the A5012. Just go straight across the traffic lights at Middleton and pick up the A5012 Via Gellia at the bottom of the hill. Cuts out Cromford which can be a PITA if traffic is busy.
I'm just off to play with the valves on my GS, before (hopefully) bringing it up to the yard ready for a trip over to WInster later/tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom