Down to Watchet Somerset Sept 21.

Rusty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This may be a few weeks late in the posting but as we are starting November and there are not many of us out and about travelling you can have some recent travel stuff from me .. worry not there are a few "food/grub" photos too. :)

Now then with COVID putting paid to an earlier trip in the year we slimmed it down to a couple of days in the west country .. here to be precise in lovely Somerset.

BqEAdba.jpg

I am sure many of you have been here before, if not get down there .. it was lovely.

nGBRvJa.jpg

wWhY3UR.jpg

There was no room at the Inn so up with the tents. £10 a night with decent clean shower block and toilets across the field and in the pub.

nqcR5Yn.jpg

We were able to book an evening meal for both nights in the pub and so glad we did.. great pub food with plenty of decent beers and great friendly staff to go with it.

VTNi5nW.jpg

And more...

Z1EEpch.jpg

The idea was that perhaps we would get out for a ride after brekky in the morning but by the time we had finished that it was 11am so time to sit out in the sun talk bollox all day catch up and put the kettle on before returning for episode 2 in the evening.
Then of course there was breakfast ....

x8U8eEL.jpg

As much as you like, help your self. Super.

More sitting around more dinner then a good nights sleep. Amazing how knackered you get just eating drinking and having a good laugh.

Short and sweet my fellow Tossers. This really was a nice place to stay. Can't vouch for the rooms as I could not get in for a look round but their website makes it all look very comfy.

YxxJJ4L.jpg

Just a few more piccies of a good mid week break.....

DLpGu1J.jpg

BGqksMq.jpg

51ZNtPA.jpg

The Inn is at Brendon Hills Watchet Somerset TA23 0LN. A good base for a few days out into this lovely part of the country. Nothing too far away for a day trip. Super scenic roads and routes with classic coastal fishing villages and towns along the way.

SYKRDKY.jpg

That's your lot.

Firstly, congratulations on being able to attach the photos, I know how you struggle with such simple matters! :green gri

It genuinely looks a decent place and hopefully we can get there in July 2022 for our annual meeting, albeit we will be staying in a room. It'll be a good run for the bikes prior to heading off in August on our BMW Motorrad Tour which I am very much looking forward to.

Thanks for posting, speak soon. :thumb2

A grand report!
None of that "views from a bridge" bollocks, and all the better for it.
Lovely quiet countryside round those parts.

I was down there last weekend for a family wedding and it looked a lovely part of the world to ride.

My partners mum lives in Watchet so next time we are down there, we might give that pub a go as there is nothing worth a damn in the town itself.

I was down there last weekend for a family wedding and it looked a lovely part of the world to ride.

My partners mum lives in Watchet so next time we are down there, we might give that pub a go as there is nothing worth a damn in the town itself.

I hope you like it as much as we did... let us know what you think.

Back
Top Bottom