Eaglerider jackets - ok or crap??

Jesim1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've booked a trip for next year with Eaglerider in the states, and part of the package is a "free", and I use the term loosely, Jacket.

So for anyone who has been on these trips before and has experience of the jackets they give you, are they any good? The weather will be hot and dry, so I'll just need something lightweight and relatively cool, and would obviously like a bit of protection just in case.

I don't expect them to be top end, but are they usable?

Thanks

James

Useable, yes.
Not up to EU safety standards, but your speeds won't be that high. I was quite happy wearing one as they are fully mesh and its very hot in the Mojave and Death Valley.
Just take something waterproof to go over the top, just in case.

Take your own helmet with you. The "half-helmets" they supply are shite and if it doesn't fit right, you're on the bike a long time each day and it could ruin your holiday.

Otherwise, have a great time, best holiday me and the Mrs have ever had.:thumb2

Can’t comment on the jackets but definitely agree with Watty100 about the helmets

We managed to get the only 2 piss pots they had at eagle riders in Las Vegas rather than the skull cap things but they were terrible anyway, wifey was almost in tears after a couple of hours

If we ever do it again we’ll take our own helmets without fail!

Used Eagle rider a few times… always take my own gear……including Helmet

Thanks Guys, yes, we are taking our own helmets, but living in the UK means we do not have lightweight jackets suitable for the kind of heat we get out there. We use our Gortex touring gear with removable linings in both the UK and the EU, and it's just tolerable in summer with the lining out in the latter, but I'm not sure it will hack it in constant 35/45 degree heat for two weeks.

James

Back
Top Bottom