Specialized Levo & Kenevo Owners - charging options?

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
When you buy a Specialized eMTB (may also work for the Vado and Cree bikes too), you get a normal domestic charger for the battery

However sometimes it may be beneficial to recharge the battery whilst on the move in the car/van etc and you have the bike on a jaunt

From a Specialized dealer there is no 12v mobile charger option (I gather, as it has been discussed on eMTB forums before)

Specialized produced some Levo bikes for BMW, so BMW must have specified a mobile 12v charger option
So you can buy a 12v charger for you eMTB now and I did yesterday for £74, available from either BMW’s car or Motorrad dealers

Useful addition I thought when the bike is in the van and saves taking the battery off and charging in a hotel room when away
12v charger is 2amp and domestic charger is 4amp, so a slower charge rate, but a useful top up whilst on the move
51941d47fbd2cff4495e5a6dfba797d6.jpg

80a036caf966e8436558db15be2a5822.jpg

Christ on a bike...some people have way too much money.

Why?

I took my ebike to Scotland last month and used it at 2 different centres on one day

So the ability to charge the bike in the van in-between on the journey, gave me a longer ride in the afternoon

Plus it was a minor ball ache to remove the muddy battery each night and charge in the hotel room

£74?

Some people here spend more on a Cool Cover or a Garmin mount for their motorcycle

The 240v domestic charger from Specialized cycle shops is £95, so it’s cheaper & 12v mobile option too

How quickly does it charge with 12v ?

Not so sure you get a 12v charger for the bosch system.

People reported that in an hour, whilst driving about in the 4 wheeler ……the Specialized bike battery went from 20 to 40% charge

So a useful amount of recharge

Others have said it takes 6 hours for it to go from zero to 100% charging on 12v - make of that what you will

Plus it’s free electric as you are driving the 4 wheeler anyway

Turns out Bosch do have one, £180 and it's only 2a, don't think I'll bother.

The Specialized BMW’s one is £72 and 2amp also - so significantly cheaper at just over a 1/3 of the price of the Bosch one

Thanks BMW & Specialized

Back
Top Bottom