Fjallraven gear, why so good?

I've had a Fjallraven Keb coat for a while for walking the dog and hiking , lovely coat.
Only criticism I would have is the repellent doesnt seem to last long , you don't get wet , but I prefer it to just bead off.
It rains rather a lot here ;) so requires a lot of maintenance
I recently bought an Ortovox coat ( German) and have to say it is superb quality and detailing .
It is a bit warm though , depsite being very light.
I also like Hagloffs rugged flex pants , decent stuff.

I've had a Fjallraven Keb coat for a while for walking the dog and hiking , lovely coat.
Only criticism I would have is the repellent doesnt seem to last long , you don't get wet , but I prefer it to just bead off.
It rains rather a lot here

I once read that the G1000 fabric was designed for their tents, but was outdated before ever going into production.
So it was used in their clothing instead.
I find it a bit hot in the summer, and not very warm in the winter. There is so much better, lighter, warmer and better ventilating stuff out there, but as said, very hardwearing and long lasting.

I can only speak for my 3 garments made from G1000.

I swear by Patagonia, and still have everything I have bought in 20 years, bar one Snap T fleece that got burned camping.

Yep, Patagonia kit is consistently high quality and everything of theirs I’ve purchased has lasted well.

For general use such as cycling, dog walking, going to rugby matches or standing around on belays anything by Buffalo gets my vote.

Yep, Patagonia kit is consistently high quality and everything of theirs I’ve purchased has lasted well.

For general use such as cycling, dog walking, going to rugby matches or standing around on belays anything by Buffalo gets my vote.

Buffalo, now thats a blast from the past. RATED tops for anything after water and kayaking etc

Buffalo, now thats a blast from the past. RATED tops for anything after water and kayaking etc

You can still buy it new but their suppliers do suffer from supply problems but you just have to tell them to notify you when it arrives.

I’ve been using it for years and as long as you trust it to do it’s job it works.

Back
Top Bottom