r1200RS battery cover

wust588

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just bought a 2017 RS and am trying to remove the plastic battery end cover.

I want to get access to the positive lead, and as hard as I try, the cover won't pull out from the bottom of the battery tray.

I must be doing something wrong? I'm following the instructions in the handbook.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Presume it’s the same as the GS

Undo the rubber straps then lift the end cover and battery slightly, there’s a peg on the bottom of the end cap that locates in the battery tray and two on the sides

The battery will then slide out to give access to the positive terminal

Alternatively there is a positive accessory terminal in front of the battery

I've just bought a 2017 RS and am trying to remove the plastic battery end cover.

I want to get access to the positive lead, and as hard as I try, the cover won't pull out from the bottom of the battery tray.

I must be doing something wrong? I'm following the instructions in the handbook.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

It's just one screw and the bottom is just a rubber clip in that should pull out. Wonder whether the lug has broken and the previous owner has glued it shut when he got rid. It should just pull off

It's just one screw and the bottom is just a rubber clip in that should pull out. Wonder whether the lug has broken and the previous owner has glued it shut when he got rid. It should just pull off

I think he means the one that holds the battery in the tray not the triangular trim panel that the battery is behind

Thanks everybody, I now know how to do it properly.

If I had tried to remove it as directed in the handbook - to the letter - I'd have probably bust the tray, or the cover pin.

Just knowing!

Back
Top Bottom