I don't want to start another tyre thread but -

SteveHop

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I think ive got to get some new tyres for my G/S PD
The ones on it are from 2014 !

So im looking for 90/10 type tyres as i reckon that i probably won't use it off road much.

My other G/S has Pirrelli Scorpion MT90's but i think that they are a 70/30

Not sure if it makes much differance ?

Ideally i like the look of the Metzeller enduri 1 & 2 but i do not think that they are available now?

I quite like the look at the Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2

Would be greatfull for any recomendations

Thanks

The Enduro 1 and 2 are still available. I have a pair on my g/s. Never had any problem getting them.

The rear is a 4.00 so about 110mm iirc.

Ill have another look , couldn't find them last time.
Where did you get yours from ?

Thks

I've done a quick search and I see your problem. I can get an Enduro 1 front but not the Enduro 2 rear. I think Mikeyboy ordered my last set for me.

I believe that Metzeler make these in batches as they're not the most popular tyres, so you will find them sporadically. Proff (RIP) used to buy a load when they were available and he sold me a pair, some years ago obvs.

Continental do the TKC 70s in this size 4.00 18 and 3.00 21, which would probably my next tyre if the Enduro 1 and 2 aren't available. You could also look at the Enduro 3, which were used on the paralever GS. Hope this helps.

Continental do the TKC 70s in this size 4.00 18 and 3.00 21, which would probably my next tyre if the Enduro 1 and 2 aren't available. You could also look at the Enduro 3, which were used on the paralever GS. Hope this helps.

I have these - TKC 70 (4.00 18 Rear and 3.00 21 Front) on my G/S

Steve, just to confirm, the correct sizes for the g/s are as Gerry and I have stated. 4.00 18 and 3.00 21.

Obviously you're free to get what you want. In some tyres, you may find the 110 a bit wide and it will rub on the swinging arm. :blast

I have TKC 70s on my g/s with plenty of room. They do the right sizes front and back. Excellent tyre dry and wet…big improvement over enduro 1&2s and my previous tyre of choice the TKC80. If I do a little rough stuff I just change the front back to the 80.

I have tkc70’s on my g/s (well, it’s a st, but altered) and I like them. Not great in mud, but they are a 80/20 tyre (or a 90/10) and I find them great wet or dry on the roads.
They don’t slide as easily as the tkc80’s on wet roads, and last a decent amount of miles.

They look good, and work well

Karoo Streets on my 80GS - excellent tyres.
What you are going to have trouble with is actually sourcing a pair... I have been trying to get tyres for my X Country and I have had the rear delivered.. Scorpion STR, the front is not due in until February, so it is just as well I started early and still have plenty of tread on the old Anakees that are a LOT older than your 2014 tyres! I think they have 2008 on the side... they grip like sticky stuff to a blanket though and I have no worries about their age. I think your 2014 tyres will be perfectly ok unless they have been sat in the sun for years. :thumb

Karoo Streets on my 80GS - excellent tyres.
What you are going to have trouble with is actually sourcing a pair... I have been trying to get tyres for my X Country and I have had the rear delivered.. Scorpion STR, the front is not due in until February, so it is just as well I started early and still have plenty of tread on the old Anakees that are a LOT older than your 2014 tyres! I think they have 2008 on the side... they grip like sticky stuff to a blanket though and I have no worries about their age. I think your 2014 tyres will be perfectly ok unless they have been sat in the sun for years. :thumb

I think the stock shortcomings are working themselves out to some degree,
If anyone needs tyres and is struggling to get them ,send a pm and I’ll check with my wholesaler for availability.

Steve, just to confirm, the correct sizes for the g/s are as Gerry and I have stated. 4.00 18 and 3.00 21.

Obviously you're free to get what you want. In some tyres, you may find the 110 a bit wide and it will rub on the swinging arm. :blast

Ok thanks , i was just looking at the tyres sizes on my bikes, both have a 90/90 front
As for the rear one has a 110/80 and the other has a 120/80 , the 120 only just fits.

I think the stock shortcomings are working themselves out to some degree,
If anyone needs tyres and is struggling to get them ,send a pm and I’ll check with my wholesaler for availability.

I am getting mine direct from Pirelli - straight out of the container! Perk of working for the magazine! The only trouble being they haven't got them coming in. I am sure the trade are working round this by grey imports and sourcing through other routes, but as my pair of tyres for £110, I can wait.

Back
Top Bottom