Connected app

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Shouldn't this be in the "Bike Comm’s inc linking phones, music, I can’t hear anything" forum ?
The Navigation is only one part of it ? Initially couldn't find this :nenau

Shouldn't this be in the "Bike Comm’s inc linking phones, music, I can’t hear anything" forum ?
The Navigation is only one part of it ? Initially couldn't find this :nenau

Indeed, navigation was only 1 part of the Navigator VI.

If bods post questions about why they can’t hear their bike talking to them *, via the TFT screen and their phone running the Communicator app, then I’ll move the post into the communications section; just as I do when they complain that they can’t hear their phone or music via their XT or other (less awesome) devices.

Or we can just leave all and anything to do with the Connectrd app here, including no doubt why people can’t see their TFT screen, running the Connected app, when the sun shines and why on the RT it doesn’t wobble about but on the 1600 it does **

* In other words, music and phone calls. Though the way some of them go on about their baby, you’d think it was human. They probably do believe it talks to them…..

** I just made that one up.

I rode a 2021 RT with the large, split, TFT screen today, using the Connected app. It really was very good. The bike found my phone via Bluetooth really quickly and then established a Wi-fi connection pretty fast, too. I simply asked the app to give me Park Lane to Walkers’ cafe in Suffolk, via the fastest route. This it did in seconds. Once I got to Writtle (Chelmsford) I purposely went all the way on B roads, the Connected app simply adjusting really fast. All in all a good experience.

The only thing I haven’t tried now is creating a bespoke route in BaseCamp and exporting it to the Connected app. I can’t see any reason why it shouldn’t load perfectly but we shall see. I’d also like to see how the app treats going off a bespoke route, created with shaping points and maybe a few via points. I’ll be interested to see how it treats any recalculation or if (like my Garmin) the recalculation can be set to prompted ‘Yes or no’. I see it has a skip waypoint option, so I’ll be interested to see how the app treats that recalculation, too.

At the stop at Walkers’, the Connected app reconnected with the screen in seconds. The Wi-fi connection took a little longer to reconnect but was always reliable throughout the day.

PS The salesman at Park Lane was sure that the bike holds its own Wi-fi network, onto which the phone attaches itself to. It’s all smoke and mirrors to me; I’m just happy that it works.

Once I got over that it wasn’t a Garmin and had realised that the screen itself is the ‘centre’ of everything (ie I stopped fiddling with it) it and I got on pretty well together. I still don’t buy into all the phone, music, how many times have I put the side stand down ‘stuff’ or indeed into the whole infotainment package (it’s only a bloody motorbike, after all) but I didn’t with my Garmin device either. I am just interested in being able to see my speed, the rev counter, a competent navigation screen and turn on the heated grips. That it does, in spades, I think. I never thought I’d give up on a Garmin device but I can now see how I might.

Back
Top Bottom