PC security software

PW Cymru

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Anybody got any recomendations for PC security software.

I'm looking at installing this on a PC https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/internet-security as the program is moderate on system load.

I've tried to use Norton many years ago which basically rendered my laptop unusable due to system load.
The Kaspersky is rate moderate on load.

Any thoughts or recommendations.

check out which reports and do a search about customer reviews...

usually a good source of info

Under Windows 10 I've been using the built-in Defender for years now on several machines and never had anything get through. An occasional scan with the free version of Malwarebytes doesn't do any harm either.

Under Windows 10 I've been using the built-in Defender for years now on several machines and never had anything get through. An occasional scan with the free version of Malwarebytes doesn't do any harm either.

If you're not engaging in high risk browsing then this.

as above, plus the security embedded in the Chrome browser with the adblocking extension uBlock Origin. The latter blocks malicious pop-ups as well.

Not forgetting all the data it will collect on your habits.

I really do not give a shit. My personal and work phones monitor everywhere I go and Google knows I am a wine and coffee snob with a penchant for potato crisps.

You seem to be here with a subscriber account so must be sharing information with the loon that owns the place...

I really do not give a shit. My personal and work phones monitor everywhere I go and Google knows I am a wine and coffee snob with a penchant for potato crisps.

You seem to be here with a subscriber account so must be sharing information with the loon that owns the place...

Touche'

I've been using the free version of AVG for several years now but looks like it will expire this month.

Thanks for the input

Back
Top Bottom