1290 adv T

issyfit

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, just a bit info on the T model if anyone on here still has one . Thanks

Hi, just a bit info on the T model if anyone on here still has one . Thanks

So what do you want to know then???

Because so far, our boys have been swinging their balls about and not a peep from you good Sir

Unless I am Uber gullible and this is yet another windup “filter” thread to see who else will be leaving the forum.

Eagerly awaiting now*…..

*I must point out that I own a 2018 1290 SAS….

Me too. Best bike out there.

540c7fb566c75bdca2d148431a5ffff3.jpg

Just about to go look at one, 16 plate one owner 9k what’s gone wrong , any problems with the active suspension, what’s your opinion maybe compared to the S model.
Thanks

There was a recall on the active suspension in 2017, so anything should have been done by now.
Otherwise I've had no problems. the 30l tank gives me a good 275-280 mile range at Autobahn speeds.
I have Bumot hard luggage on mine, and the KTM extra LED spot lights

No problems at all with mine. The brake fluid goes dark leaching pigment out of the seals, there were some simple recalls and that’s it. There are some simple upgrades you can make to slightly improve the front suspension but otherwise it’s good out of the box.

You can even fit a Rade headlight and screen, if you must.

378041d97a70c6a0d12031bf7ebabaf5.jpg

6287f101d1a0d15372c30f5a182dfafc.jpg

I had the suspension & brake fluid recalls done - to be honest, there were zero issues with these anyway. When it went in for service last year, there was a software update for the instrument cluster.

As Neil says, the 30L tank will give you a healthy range.

The OE head light bulbs are shite; I had a cyclops LED upgrade kit fitted for dipped/full and it's excellent. I also had the following fitted:

- LED aux lights
- Evotech radiator & sump guard
- Headlight guard (perspex not grill)
- Touratech top box & plate
- Healtech quick shifter
- Zumo XT sat nav cradle

Thanks for all the reply’s, The 16 plate one I was going to look at has now been sold, but a nice looking 15 plate one work 18k on it and a few power part accessories. Guys looking for just over 7k .

Check to see if it’s had the valve clearance service (hopefully it will have been done), as that’s the expensive one so would save you a few £££.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keep looking at the "T" model myself as a potential purchase, already have a few nice bikes in the stable but i do like the look of these, i am quite familiar with the 1290 engine , but my question is , do you think its worth searching out a 2017 ish bike , the one with the white rear spring and the letter T on the fairing , in other words the last of the model, or is a 2015 /16 just as good and a better value ? where there any worthwile updates on the later one or can all the updates be applied to the early one ?
thanks in advance :beerjug:

I’ve had both and can’t recall there being a difference TBH - the “T” went on when the first 1290 Super Adventures came out to distinguish the difference.

They all go well, stop well and handle well. You can get proper laugh out loud ludicrous performance, along with long distance comfy cruising plus reasonable off road capability if you want it. (Edit - having had various GS and GSAs over the years, they just don’t come close in my experience)

There’s loads of extras you can add to make it comfy (get rid of the standard seat straight away). Doubling up the screen mounts turns the standard screen from a liability to something actually quite comfy. Bumot or Mosko Moto soft luggage fits well, and the GPS mounts are solid and secure.

These are easily in my top two best bikes I’ve ever had.

So deal done , 2016, 7.5k miles,one owner, still looks like a new bike, pick it up end of the month.

Nice one. Now grab that Powerparts heated seat in the for sale section for it.

Also worth a look at Martyred on adv rider forum, he makes some very nice extras.

So deal done , 2016, 7.5k miles,one owner, still looks like a new bike, pick it up end of the month.

Congratulations - I've no doubt you'll love it.

Plus, you've got some fine roads to play on where you are :D

Back
Top Bottom