Wondering whether to sell my RKS

I know an old man who's got an old Harley that spends more time being fixed than it does on the road. It recently let him down 2 days into a trip to France to the extent that his wife had to pick him up at the ferry port. Despite this and the fact that he's continually spunking £100s on it he won't do the sensible thing and move it on.

Your mate sounds like a right wanker. :blast

Fix it and sell and put it down to experience. You now know officially, that Harleys are unreliable, overpriced piles of shite..........

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Fix it and sell and put it down to experience. You now know officially, that Harleys are unreliable, overpriced piles of shite..........

Well the three that I owned were great bikes and 100% reliable over forteen years.

I can't remember the mileages, but I used them in all weathers and toured Europe extensively. ZERO issues....:)

Well the three that I owned were great bikes and 100% reliable over forteen years.

I can't remember the mileages, but I used them in all weathers and toured Europe extensively. ZERO issues....:)
At the money they charge; would you not expect that to be the norm? Were they older than 2/3 years old?

I do still love the bike, so fixing it will lead to keeping it.

If it’s unlikely to sell in its current state, then I’ll end up keeping it I guess.

Fuckin Harleys are worse than a bad marriage, it’s far easier to get rid of a woman that is nowt but trouble :blast

Not true sadly….

Hold their value like no other…

Simple to fix ( mostly)

Paint stays on

All premium brands are about the same price… in fact the new BMW 1800 range are more expensive…..

I do still love the bike, so fixing it will lead to keeping it.

If it’s unlikely to sell in its current state, then I’ll end up keeping it I guess.

Fuckin Harleys are worse than a bad marriage, it’s far easier to get rid of a woman that is nowt but trouble :blast

Fix it… keep it……you will soon forget the £1500

If you love it it's a no brainer - fix it, keep it, prepare for the next big garage bill; just ask my elderly friend.

Not true sadly….

Hold their value like no other…

Simple to fix ( mostly)

Paint stays on

All premium brands are about the same price… in fact the new BMW 1800 range are more expensive…..
I do wonder how they hold their prices so well. Never cheap enough for me to dip my toe to see what they're all about

Phil, I discussed your case when I was back in Jersey recently having my Harley serviced. My mate runs Harley Jersey and he can supply you with the parts ex VAT. He is very surprised that the dealer and/or Harley UK won't do anything to help you. He suggests you try another dealer or go direct to HDUK.

I do wonder how they hold their prices so well. Never cheap enough for me to dip my toe to see what they're all about

Your buying into a lifestyle.

That doesn’t come cheap. :)

At the money they charge; would you not expect that to be the norm? Were they older than 2/3 years old?

Sporty/1340 Lowrider/V-Rod all bought new.

Sporty kept for four years, zero issues.

1340 kept for nine years, zero issues.

V-Rod kept for a year (I couldn't stand the attention :blast) Zero issues.

I should never have sold that 1340. We travelled many miles and countries together without a single problem. It flew along really well and was SO simple to service and look after. One brilliant motorbike.

Sporty/1340 Lowrider/V-Rod all bought new.

Sporty kept for four years, zero issues.

1340 kept for nine years, zero issues.

V-Rod kept for a year (I couldn't stand the attention :blast) Zero issues.

I should never have sold that 1340. We travelled many miles and countries together without a single problem. It flew along really well and was SO simple to service and look after. One brilliant motorbike.
When you sold them, did you have to find an alternative "life style"?

Phil, I discussed your case when I was back in Jersey recently having my Harley serviced. My mate runs Harley Jersey and he can supply you with the parts ex VAT. He is very surprised that the dealer and/or Harley UK won't do anything to help you. He suggests you try another dealer or go direct to HDUK.

HDUK are basically impossible to contact other than by email.

I have emailed them and have received no communication back from them.

I even phoned HOG at HD as they are contactable by phone, only to be told that customer support is an email only service!!! When I asked how that works when they ignore emails, the poor girl had no answer.

It’s a feckin joke. Premium brand with less than budget service.

Back
Top Bottom