Music on the bike

Found an apple I pod I had forgotten I had. Never used it so going to try that on the bike through the usb port.
Bought a couple of tracks for a couple of quid so I'll see if it works this morning.

Anyone else use a I pod ?

Found an apple I pod I had forgotten I had. Never used it so going to try that on the bike through the usb port.
Bought a couple of tracks for a couple of quid so I'll see if it works this morning.

Anyone else use a I pod ?

Just make sure its an SSD version or you'll be forever resetting it each time you go over a bump.

Spotify downloads disappear after a month of not logging in to your account. I haven't actually tested this but it's in their terms.

Mmm. Nothing happening.

Attachments

• 20211115_074841.jpg
    20211115_074841.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 157
I……thought i would give it a go on the RT through the speakers on the bike.

Music blasting out of the speakers on a motorcycle, ranks right up there with people who Chuck their KFC boxes out of car windows. As antisocial as hell.

PS By the time of your post and the time displayed on the bike’s TFT screen, you forgot to change the bike’s clock. There again, you might be abroad or took the picture maybe yesterday.

Music blasting out of the speakers on a motorcycle, ranks right up there with people who Chuck their KFC boxes out of car windows. As antisocial as hell.

PS By the time of your post and the time displayed on the bike’s TFT screen, you forgot to change the bike’s clock. There again, you might be abroad or took the picture maybe yesterday.

That might be the next question. How do you change the time oh and i am antisocial so no worries there.

Doc, Are you sure you have speakers? Have you tried turning off the Bluetooth and getting Navigation instructions through the speakers?

I use the Alexa app on my phone with wireless ear buds, works great.

I have amazon music unlimited account that costs £7.99pm as i have several Alexa speakers round the house too.

Doc, Are you sure you have speakers? Have you tried turning off the Bluetooth and getting Navigation instructions through the speakers?

Yes pal i had the radio fitted.

Thanks lads. So if I pay for the subscription and download all the music I want what's to stop me from ending the subscription ? Or would I loose it all if I did ?

You don't "own" the music with Spotify. You pay a monthly fee to access it advert-free, or you get it free and have irritating adverts. It's worth the £10 per month as you can try loads of music that you might not want to buy in CD or other form.

plenty of free music radio stations (which you can get delivered through a mobile app) which ought to cover your musical tastes which you can pipe through the earbuds whilst riding. if you have amazon prime membership, that also has a huge music library which is included.

Decided to give Amazon music a go as they had a deal on with me paying for prime.

I used to be firmly in the school of “there’s no place for music on a bike mate”! It’s all about the sounds of the road and paying attention to hooning round the next bend as quickly as possible! Now I’ve got a Harley and am more relaxed about things I’ve discovered what a fantastic thing it is to be able to rumble down the road listening to your favourite sounds.

Doc - I use Spotify on my phone and select appropriate playlists from the extensive catalogue available (mostly Rock for me). I stream it through a Sena 10 on my helmet and, as I’m pretty deaf and helmet speakers don’t work for me, I have Ultimate Ear’s Soundear Pro ear plugs. I find this works really well and gives me good sound quality whilst keeping wind noise down.

I’ve put a Sena onto my daughter’s helmet so we can speak to each other and she can also listen to her tunes on Spotify through a different phone linked to her headset. She’s only 9 so her music choice is not something I want to hear :D

The RT with the audio speakers is not worth it unless you Bluetooth it to a headset. It’s simply enough to play direct through the speakers , but over 35/40mph you won’t here it. Bluetooth ear phones are the way to go

I do on the Harley. But i thought i would give it a go on the RT through the speakers on the bike.

I had a 2014 RT worth the full stereo kit. Total waste of time. Apart from stationary at traffic lights or picnics you can’t hear the music unless you bimble everywhere at 25mph or don’t mind upsetting entire neighbourhoods with the noise.

Earplugs not surprisingly only make things worse…

I used to be firmly in the school of “there’s no place for music on a bike mate”! It’s all about the sounds of the road and paying attention to hooning round the next bend as quickly as possible! Now I’ve got a Harley and am more relaxed about things I’ve discovered what a fantastic thing it is to be able to rumble down the road listening to your favourite sounds.

Doc - I use Spotify on my phone and select appropriate playlists from the extensive catalogue available (mostly Rock for me). I stream it through a Sena 10 on my helmet and, as I’m pretty deaf and helmet speakers don’t work for me, I have Ultimate Ear’s Soundear Pro ear plugs. I find this works really well and gives me good sound quality whilst keeping wind noise down.

I’ve put a Sena onto my daughter’s helmet so we can speak to each other and she can also listen to her tunes on Spotify through a different phone linked to her headset. She’s only 9 so her music choice is not something I want to hear :D

The RT with the audio speakers is not worth it unless you Bluetooth it to a headset. It’s simply enough to play direct through the speakers , but over 35/40mph you won’t here it. Bluetooth ear phones are the way to go

I have bought some Shure ones and set it up this morning. Never tried listening to music before and thought i would give it a go.
As for speakers on the bike i agree you cannot here them unless riding slow although on my K1600 they weren't to bad.
Why i had the radio fitted on the RT nobody knows.;)

Try Radio Paradise app. It is a free app, with no ads. You can download generic playlists of the type of music you like. I’ve been using it for a couple of years now, and love it.

I love radio paradise. It’s kept me sane over the lockdown.

Advantage over Spotify is it keeps playing, it plays stuff I like but have never heard of and doesn’t need me to select a playlist or genre or whatever.

If I hear something I like I often buy the CD, since I’m old school like that, and then rip it to the NAS and download to the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 2014 RT worth the full stereo kit. Total waste of time. Apart from stationary at traffic lights or picnics you can’t hear the music unless you bimble everywhere at 25mph or don’t mind upsetting entire neighbourhoods with the noise.

Earplugs not surprisingly only make things worse…

Had a 2014 RT and used the integrated radio all the time, playing via an Autocom (there are many other possibilities as well). Sat-Nav mutes the radio - brilliant. I added a Dension DAB radio in order to change DAB stations with the Wonder wheel. Excellent sound quality.

Back
Top Bottom