Music on the bike

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I fancy playing a bit of music on the bike and wonder what App i should be using on my phone.
I presume i will have to pay for the tracks i want like you do with I Tunes. Also is it then a monthly fee ? My phone is a Samsung.

Cheers Doc

I use Spotify and a set of noise cancelling wireless ear buds, although will probably go back to to wired as they seem more secure and seem to cut out more wind noise than the ear buds. Old GS no TFT.

Al.

Thanks lads. So if I pay for the subscription and download all the music I want what's to stop me from ending the subscription ? Or would I loose it all if I did ?

With Spotify sign up for one of their deals if available or pay for a while then cancel after you have downloaded what you want, you will need to use data to listen on the bike, in the car and walking a dog etc but not at home if you use your WiFi. You don’t lose what you have downloaded.

Al.

Thanks lads. So if I pay for the subscription and download all the music I want what's to stop me from ending the subscription ? Or would I loose it all if I did ?

Probably?

I use Spotify and apart from an advert every half hour, I can listen to hours and hours of whatever I want without paying anything.

Today, it was 70's and 80's disco around Wales. Very pleasant.

Probably?

I use Spotify and apart from an advert every half hour, I can listen to hours and hours of whatever I want without paying anything.

Today, it was 70's and 80's disco around Wales. Very pleasant.

I thought Spotify was a subscription based thing

radio paradise...https://radioparadise.com/player

basically select what you want to hear. It downloads (or streams) the amount of space you have dedicated to it on your phone and loaded over wifi. Then when out and about you listen to that "stream". When you get back into wifi area, it updates your "stream/download with newer lists" then off you go again. Quite brilliant and randomly selected lists /artists based closely on your listening history.

Spend a few moments with our full website. You'll find lots of information about the station: features like offline listening on the go or in your car, our thematic slideshow, lossless audio, and TV apps — along with our history, listener community, and more.

If you're already listening on another app or player, and just want to follow our playlist and access info about the music, try the track playlist button above — or the 'track' button in the player controls at the bottom of every page on our full website.

Try Radio Paradise app. It is a free app, with no ads. You can download generic playlists of the type of music you like. I’ve been using it for a couple of years now, and love it.

Try Radio Paradise app. It is a free app, with no ads. You can download generic playlists of the type of music you like. I’ve been using it for a couple of years now, and love it.

Just had a look, two bands i follow, it's never heard of

I'll stick with my spotty family subscription ;)

Back
Top Bottom