Bullet trials 500

Alistairm

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Some time adding (and taking away) bits from my new Enfield.
First up was a Hitchcock’s silencer followed by bar end mirrors and smaller number plate and finished up fitting nice aluminum indicators.

The exhaust is a fraction of the weight, a bit snarky, I might need to fit a baffle… undecided. 40 miles on the bike today and really enjoyed it.

Attachments

• B7A08FB6-461E-4A15-99FE-A5BA31DC1AC4.jpeg
    B7A08FB6-461E-4A15-99FE-A5BA31DC1AC4.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 428
Looks good, just like an Eddie Dow "Goldie" silencer :thumb2

Bet it doesn't "twitter" on the over run though :D

More of a ‘duffle’ than a Twitter..it’s a soft engine.

Can’t work out if it’s too loud, will try a baffle. It’s 4 kg lighter

Attachments

• 4AAB06E7-3C78-4610-B183-5CC7F3C25389.jpeg
    4AAB06E7-3C78-4610-B183-5CC7F3C25389.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 350
It is… they also do a version more like the Burgess pipe, but I liked this one.

Shocking finish on the standard pipe. But I guess the bike costs about the same as a mid price eMTB !

Attachments

• 6A5B08D3-1B59-4193-B2E8-65F8E06A2819.jpeg
    6A5B08D3-1B59-4193-B2E8-65F8E06A2819.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 280
It is… they also do a version more like the Burgess pipe, but I liked this one.

Shocking finish on the standard pipe. But I guess the bike costs about the same as a mid price eMTB !

I noticed that on my stock pipe, i thought the previous owner had done that to stop corrosion, but clearly not, shocking that isn't it!

Chrome first…. Then weld…..then silver hammerite….

I was a bit alarmed! I have to remind myself that it wasn’t an expensive bike… not that expensive gets you good finish!

If you haven’t already done so, take a look at your air filter. Mine was pretty poor, the pleats were stuck together and the filter stuck to the paint on the metal lid.

The bike is fun to ride and It makes me smile.

I was a bit alarmed! I have to remind myself that it wasn’t an expensive bike… not that expensive gets you good finish!

If you haven’t already done so, take a look at your air filter. Mine was pretty poor, the pleats were stuck together and the filter stuck to the paint on the metal lid.

The bike is fun to ride and It makes me smile.

Hitchcocks do a replacement air filter that’s not only better build quality but the bike runs a lot smoother as well.

Yes, that’s the one I fitted and a decent spark plug. Did it all at the same time so not sure what made a difference… and the bikes still running in… hopefully will do a few miles soon.

Back
Top Bottom