2022 1290 Super Duke R Evo

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just announced.

“Ready to adapt and overcome, the new 2022 KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE EVO takes the performance of THE BEAST and enhances it with the addition of our state-of-the-art WP APEX Semi-Active Technology suspension. This allows the hyper-naked to go from a comfortable rocket on poor road surfaces to a hardened track-ready apex-splitting weapon - at a simple click of a switch.

Something else is coming… Get ready for hyper cross-border travel.”

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C_P-j_IQ-pg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was only a matter of time before there was a Super Duke available with electronic suspension. And by the sounds of it, KTM and WP are having a go at doing it properly. You get three damping modes, COMFORT, STREET and SPORT, and you’ve got ten levels of rear preload adjustment; all adjustable via the TFT dash.

And because KTM love an optional extra, ‘Suspension Pro’ can be activated (presumably with the purchase of a ‘Power Parts’ dongle). That’ll give you three more damping modes, TRACK, ADVANCED and AUTO. TRACK being the stiffest, raciest setting, for the fastest tracks. ADVANCED being the most adjustable, allowing you to finetune your suspension to match your riding style. And AUTO being the most ‘intelligent’, able to detect the way you’re riding, and alter itself to suit.

Suspension pro also has three pre-set preload settings, LOW, STANDARD and HIGH, and an anti-dive setting, which gives the front end extra support under braking. You can turn that off though, if you want. A front end that doesn’t dive when you get on the brakes can feel quite alien to most people, myself included.

Both the 2022 KTM Super Duke R models come in either blue and orange or a new silver and orange paintjob and have an updated switchgear. They’ve also got a new, slightly quicker action throttle, too.

Looks like fun and a definite license loser!

Looks just the thing for a bimble down to the shops :D

That said had ago on a 1290GT earlier this year which I found very civilised and equally easy to ride fast or slow.

Followed one of the limited editions Super Dukes of the Scotland boat earlier this year. Amazing looking things. The Blue in this looks fab.
b0f22b169047d8d7da2b534367daf767.webp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just announced.

“Ready to adapt and overcome, the new 2022 KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE EVO takes the performance of THE BEAST and enhances it with the addition of our state-of-the-art WP APEX Semi-Active Technology suspension. This allows the hyper-naked to go from a comfortable rocket on poor road surfaces to a hardened track-ready apex-splitting weapon - at a simple click of a switch.

Something else is coming… Get ready for hyper cross-border travel.”

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C_P-j_IQ-pg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was only a matter of time before there was a Super Duke available with electronic suspension. And by the sounds of it, KTM and WP are having a go at doing it properly. You get three damping modes, COMFORT, STREET and SPORT, and you’ve got ten levels of rear preload adjustment; all adjustable via the TFT dash.

And because KTM love an optional extra, ‘Suspension Pro’ can be activated (presumably with the purchase of a ‘Power Parts’ dongle). That’ll give you three more damping modes, TRACK, ADVANCED and AUTO. TRACK being the stiffest, raciest setting, for the fastest tracks. ADVANCED being the most adjustable, allowing you to finetune your suspension to match your riding style. And AUTO being the most ‘intelligent’, able to detect the way you’re riding, and alter itself to suit.

Suspension pro also has three pre-set preload settings, LOW, STANDARD and HIGH, and an anti-dive setting, which gives the front end extra support under braking. You can turn that off though, if you want. A front end that doesn’t dive when you get on the brakes can feel quite alien to most people, myself included.

Both the 2022 KTM Super Duke R models come in either blue and orange or a new silver and orange paintjob and have an updated switchgear. They’ve also got a new, slightly quicker action throttle, too.

I want one.

Only concern is being sent to prison!

.....should be fine so long as you pay for it rather that stealing one ;)

Ha, Ha!

Paying for it is something I would willingly do, it's the high probability of being caught at what many would consider insane speeds and being made an example of which frightens me.

That was it. Mad looking from the back with the back light in the indicator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The custom (Advanced) suspension adjustment should be fucking standard on all ES bikes....

...It's only giving you the ability to set it up how you want it like people could on pretty much every mid-priced an upwards bike since the 1980s.

No 2 riders are exactly the same weight, with exactly the same preferences for suspension, I know lots of folk never ever twiddled an adjuster, but those that do know they often like to change it a bit from what the factory tester thought was best.

The 1190 was worst of my 1x90's as the front was really soggy even in sport, and the back was pretty firm in sport, ignoring the mis-match at least with a custom setting i could of put front to max in Street and Sport.

1290 I find I almost prefer the 1-up and luggage setting when solo, with a light load it is spot on, but IIRC it adds about 5mm of pre-load, so I am guessing I would like an extra 3mm for solo use so am stuck between settings a bit low and a bit high. Damping feels reasonably good, but I bet if I could fine-tune I would find a way to get it a bit better for me.

Back
Top Bottom