Brake upgrade for a 1993 R100GSPD

Where did you get that from ? what did it cost, I did see somewhere a while ago that someone had put a four pot Brembo caliper on a PD with a bigger disc, also see a twin disc conversion pictured somewhere

Where did you get that from ? what did it cost, I did see somewhere a while ago that someone had put a four pot Brembo caliper on a PD with a bigger disc, also see a twin disc conversion pictured somewhere

Don’t bother, you will get the stopping power you need with the 320mm front disk. Motoworks, motor ins or Siebenrock all supply. Add ceramic pads and more than enough power two up. More than that and you start to over power the forks.

Looks like all three are selling the same kit Motorworks looks favourite to me as I deal with them regularly and have a trade account unless someone comes up with a better option, still need to find a way of improving the rear drum brake

:beerjug:[SUB][/SUB]

Looks like all three are selling the same kit Motorworks looks favourite to me as I deal with them regularly and have a trade account unless someone comes up with a better option, still need to find a way of improving the rear drum brake

:beerjug:[SUB][/SUB]

This is the HE disc on my bike. I don't feel the need for a four pot caliper - just put good pads in the original.

Attachments

• IMG_0961 2.jpg
    IMG_0961 2.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 186
still need to find a way of improving the rear drum brake

Take the wheel off. Chalk the brake linings. Replace wheel, spin it and apply the brake.
Remove wheel and sand off the high areas - no chalk.

Rinse and repeat as required. Eventually you will have a brake that works :thumb2

Take the wheel off. Chalk the brake linings. Replace wheel, spin it and apply the brake.
Remove wheel and sand off the high areas - no chalk.

Rinse and repeat as required. Eventually you will have a brake that works :thumb2

That sounds like a fair bit of take it put it back and repeat work, my GSPD has still only done 13000 miles from new, it might even have the original shoes in there! Having said that despite its low mileage which I know to be genuine the paralever drive shaft is noisy after the first ride so its my winter project once I finish the K75, new drive shaft and grease the clutch splines while thats out and a proper service

I am selling -

- a 4 pot Brembo gold caliper with pads + mounting bracket which just bolts on and uses the standard disc .
Using this ,braking was vastly improved . The pads look new.

- a GS front wheel with tyre
- a standard GS front disc in good condition , no scoring measured at 5.05mm thick

PM if you are interested

Attachments

• PD front brake upgrade.jpg
    PD front brake upgrade.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 175
Skim the rear drum.

I removed <0.008".

Brake is so smooth.

Did a write up about it on here a year or so ago.

Hi Steve

can i ask where you got the bracket as i have the same caliper sitting from my KTM

cheers

Back
Top Bottom