BMW Connected cradle - New Nov 21

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is interesting ......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MDVlfSP_byk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Price?

Anybody been quoted a price?

Guess the end of the BMW, Garmin relationship :nenau

TD

Yes, this was always on the cards.
Will be interesting to see the price and when available.

ha ha
That would be nice......
But you can probably add a zero to that for the BMW one.

I do wonder how many expensive phones are going to be shaken to pieces, a la the ‘Must have’ Quadlock fiasco. I am also wondering the same about the cubbyhole idea BMW have but I guess BMW’s product liability cover is better than Quadlock’s and definitely much better than some shonky sellers’ on eBay.

BMW E220.50 !

It’s a lot of money but, if you do a lot of miles and / or it doesn’t shake your phone to pieces, it would maybe be good to have. I’d boil it down to:

A. It being well made.

B. The convenience of having a map displayed, for anyone using the smaller TFT screen.

C. The convenience of having the phone to hand. In my tests of the app I have been forced to have the phone charging in my tank bag, not least because the app seems to be power hungry. This gets dull if you want to snap some pictures (which embed very neatly into the app) as it requires opening the bag, unplugging the phone, snapping a picture and putting the whole lot back again. By the time you’ve finished you have lost the will to live. This benefit will be lost if the mount shakes your phone’s camera to pieces.

PS Don’t forget you’ll need a reasonably waterproof phone or just stick to the warm dry days.

Spoke to my dealer today about the delivery of the cradles, was supposed to be the 8th December but now the 11th. If you ordered one now it’s in the new year for the next batch.

Back
Top Bottom