New connect cradle

I’ve been using an old IPhone 7 as a sat nav running the BMW app in one of the cheapo eBay phone holders that fit much like this. I don’t care what happens to its camera because my decent phone stays safely in my pocket. It doesn’t need a SIM card as it tethers to my newer phone automatically. It mostly works well.

This looks like a step forward because the main downside is not being able to use the phone screen easily with gloves on. Will be interesting to find out exactly what the wonder wheel will actually be able to do….

If it works similar to what CarPlay wifi in my car does then I'll be happy, it'll run Waze or Google maps.

I’m still not 100% convinced on using a phone for navigation, I use my phone as an ICO trip so would want a second unit for gps. Decisions decisions

I use mine all the time. Removed the cradle and put in a wireless charging mount. Works, for me anyway, far better than a Nav. No issues with pairing and I get decent traffic and camera functionality via the tomtom app

Although strangely the BMW app contains a feed from tomtom that contains traffic data only. Even stranger still is that over on the tomtom site it says;

'Through the BMW Motorrad app, riders receive TomTom’s market-leading navigation software and services: maps, real-time traffic, weather and speed camera information.'

I wish it did!

I still get audio alerts of speed cameras etc when using the BMW app by having Waze running in the background. I set up a shortcut / automation on the phone to automatically open both apps together whenever the phone connects to the tft.

I still get audio alerts of speed cameras etc when using the BMW app by having Waze running in the background. I set up a shortcut / automation on the phone to automatically open both apps together whenever the phone connects to the tft.

yep! have done exactly the same with the tomtom app! As that app also allows alerts to be spoken its a good way to use the BMW app and still know if its a trap or zone etc.
(plus radio6 too)

I think tft bikes will get lean angle etc. probably half the price of a nav 6, will make my quadlock mount redundant.

I don't need lean angle info,

When the heads start scraping I just hang off a bit further :thumb2

It is not compulsory to even look at the lean angle. Like loads of stuff on any BMW we don't all need everything.

The ability to
Scrolling though Apple apps and being able to open and close them is what was missing from the wunderlinq for me.
You can do that with the Wunderlinq. The Wunderlinq functions as a BT switch and can be used outside of the Wunderlinq app to control all elements of your phone.

You can do that with the Wunderlinq. The Wunderlinq functions as a BT switch and can be used outside of the Wunderlinq app to control all elements of your phone.

Yes unfortunately it’s only really with android. Apples IOS stops most of it. You can move around inside the wunderlinq app but not between apps.
I doubt the offering from bmw will be able to do that either, but I live in hope!

Nope, it worked well on my iPhone 11 Pro Max

How long ago was that? I tried the Wunderlinq about 18months ago and sent it back in the end, as once the map was open there was no way to navigate back out again.

I did see there was an update recently and contacted them to ask whether it had been resolved and they can back saying it was better, but still not as good as android phone.

If you can switch back and forth between apps, then happy days!

Back
Top Bottom