New connect cradle

You have to consider that BMW is a global company. Camera data might be all well and good in the UK, whereas there may be many other countries where it is not allowed.

That’s true, but it’s also true of tomtom and Waze etc. Plus their ConnectedDrive app has cameras for their cars, so it seems odd to have left it out here?

I thinking the 'Bike Info' display part at the bottom will drop down and reveal another row of segments. I took the screenshot as the modes were being changed

Cool looking forward to seeing one

Well I took my final faulty nav 6 back to the dealers and dumped it on the counter and said I'm done with these things. I'm going to machine a rubber vibration isolator to remount the nav mount and go for this.

The BMW site doesn't seem to say it'd work on older GSs (my 2017 GSA, for example) but I've read elsewhere it will.

Some clarification would be good.

Is it a better option than my wireless charging Quadlock? Not sure.

E

Biggest concern would be lack of anti-vibration protection. It does not offer enough functional [Wonderwheel] upside over a cheaper Ali-express option to justify the price premium, and it does not offer the functional benefits of the Quadlock anti-vibe+wireless charging option (which is still cheaper and more flexible in terms of positioning on the bike).

Biggest concern would be lack of anti-vibration protection. It does not offer enough functional [Wonderwheel] upside over a cheaper Ali-express option to justify the price premium, and it does not offer the functional benefits of the Quadlock anti-vibe+wireless charging option (which is still cheaper and more flexible in terms of positioning on the bike).

The anti vibration protection does not worry us as we have had no problems over many thousands of miles in the aliexpress holders. Wireless charging is not really needed if the phone is plugged into the USB plug that is on the new cradle.

I will happily pay £386 for a pair of these when they appear, just for the extra functionality.

The good thing about this new cradle is that it is an optional purchase so that people with "Quadlock anti-vibe+wireless charging" do not have to buy it.

You mean the Iphone.
Both me and my GF have our Android phones in the GPS cradle with no problems over the last 10,000 kms.

Yes, the iPhone. I too have always had Android phones and although I have read any phone with picture stabilisation is at risk, it hasn't affected mine in god knows how many miles.

I had my iPhone on a standard quadlock long before they brought out the anti vibe mount, now have the anti vibe, no issues at all. Bit that will be going and I will manufacture an anti vibe mount for the GPS holder itself then mount the cradle on that.

I’ve been using an IPhone 11 Pro for the past 2 years on my M8 Harley Breakout, iPhone X before that, without any issues. Only past 6 months was using a Quad Lock vibration damper just to be on the safe side. If anything was to create a problem this bike would. Put one on my 1250 GS too, again just to be on the safe side.

The BMW site doesn't seem to say it'd work on older GSs (my 2017 GSA, for example) but I've read elsewhere it will.

Some clarification would be good.

Is it a better option than my wireless charging Quadlock? Not sure.

E

Their website says that the cradle works with K50’s and we must assume that the ride app works with the cradle …
Note ‘select entire text’;
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/glo...presents-the-connectedride-cradle?language=en

For sure , the ride app will not connect if lacking the tft screen , which issues a Bluetooth code ; I have tried , so hoping the cradle bypasses that issue .

I think the Wunderlinq device offers more , for a similar price , but a shame if it does not work properly as reported above.

Just watched the BMW Motorrad live stream on YouTube. It answered a couple of points as discussed in this thread.
It will work with non-TFT LC GS’s and it has built in vibration damping.

Back
Top Bottom