New connect cradle

What was said was that the existing nav prep on the bike already has vibration damping.

I ordered my cradle last week after losing all faith in the Nav 6 including the new "black screen version" Hoping mine will be here by the weekend.

I will be in the dealer first thing tomorrow. One for my bike first, then one for the girlies bike.

15b4590fc12d06afda32ce7a53dc68d9.jpg

It’s an expensive way of using BMW’s mapping software whilst at the same time charging the phone . If you wish to simply charge and/or use Google maps or Waze , without using the whizz wheel , then there are much cheaper cradle solutions.

15b4590fc12d06afda32ce7a53dc68d9.jpg

It’s an expensive way of using BMW’s mapping software whilst at the same time charging the phone . If you wish to simply charge and/or use Google maps or Waze , without using the whizz wheel , then there are much cheaper cradle solutions.

For me personally if I didn't have the wizz wheel working I would have to remove it. I hate having things fitted that don't work, that's why I kept persevering with the bmw nav6 I reckon.
Really looking forward to this, for me it could be the perfect solution, I can use the nav app to get to events then swap apps on the phone for rallying with just one unit. No need for a cable that can get wet and prevent charging.
Will still make up an anti vibration mount for the nav holder.
Getting excited, it's like Christmas.

LIND said on Saturday,
£188 and will be available week 49…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched the BMW live stream last night and the guy asked the chap from BMW about concerns on the forums about problems with vibration and his response was that while the cradle itself has none, that the "BMW Nav prep already has anti vibration technology built in" which I'm no engineer but I don't believe a word of that. It's a rigid plastic Nav mount, mounted to a rigid bar, mounted to a fairly rigid part of the upper fairing. Sounds to me like they are trying to get away with it on a technicality but for me saying that the existing Nav prep has built in "anti vibration technology" is a bit of a stretch.

I have to agree, I work in engineering and we make vibrating plates and i can't see any damper in the nav holder. The crossbar may provide a small amount. But I am making one for my set up myself.

Yeah, the only vibration damping linked to my rigid cradle , comes from my soft front tyres. I think total marketing bollocks.

(For those that don’t understand , iPhones use active image stabilisation, by using lenses which are motorised and move . GoPros have a rigid lens and use software image stabilisation. It has been reported that shaking an iPhone around causes failure of the lens stabilisation. )

I watched the BMW live stream last night and the guy asked the chap from BMW about concerns on the forums about problems with vibration and his response was that while the cradle itself has none, that the "BMW Nav prep already has anti vibration technology built in" which I'm no engineer but I don't believe a word of that. It's a rigid plastic Nav mount, mounted to a rigid bar, mounted to a fairly rigid part of the upper fairing. Sounds to me like they are trying to get away with it on a technicality but for me saying that the existing Nav prep has built in "anti vibration technology" is a bit of a stretch.

Does it matter? We have no problems with our Android phones. The chap said to follow the phone manufacturers instructions, Apple say don't fit their phones to a motorbike. Blame Apple.
Where my nav mount fits on the 1250RS there are rubber grommets so it does have anti vibration built in.

Interestingly the way the Nav prep is mounted to the F900 looks to include a bracket with thick rubber grommets on, presumably as its mounted directly to the bars as opposed to up high. So I imagine that would allow "some" flex and damping but when I test rode one the mount felt rock solid.

Thing is, I fail to see that this auto focus issue is ONLY iPhones, phones for years have had auto focus mechanisms which rely on adjusting by way of a little motor so I cannot see why this would only affect Apple. Plus the image stabilisation on most iPhones is no more special than the OIS on Android phones.

Back
Top Bottom