New connect cradle

Just got off the phone with my dealer as I took my nav 6 back last week. They have had massive interest in the cradle but delivery is expected now 8-10december not available now like the video said. It has been given a part no no know official pricing structure unless others no different

I emailed my local dealer who said they were told its going to be £188 for the cradle.

i used the connected APP for two trips to scotland and used one of the non official cradles to mount my iphone8 on the have mount.

the app / tft / iphone all worked brilliantly....until i tried to take a pic on return as the image stabilisation was fooked. Regie353 from here had the same problem on the same trip.

the one other issue i have is that the nav5/6 unit can be locked on the bike at all times. pulling the phone into / out of the mount / waiting for it to reconnect is a minor irritation. i'd be worried that some toerag would try to nick the phone if the bike is left while you go for a cuppa.

asides from that the cradle looks a positive step forward!

Barry

Unfortunately I believe this issue is unique to Apple and their rather fragile phone design. 20,000 Kms with my Samsung S21 Ultra in a Ram Mount contactless charger/holder with no issues so far..........fingers crossed.

Unfortunately I believe this issue is unique to Apple and their rather fragile phone design. 20,000 Kms with my Samsung S21 Ultra in a Ram Mount contactless charger/holder with no issues so far..........fingers crossed.

Just paid for my cradle today, €205. Both me and my GF have android phones mounted in the existing cradles for many thousands of miles without problem too.

Just paid for my cradle today, €205. Both me and my GF have android phones mounted in the existing cradles for many thousands of miles without problem too.

Where was that from if you don't mind me asking?

part # 77521691964

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a7974f123a3072631ca293e939046813.jpg

6610298f52858547cf831c71d8a70e36.jpg

5bf2e0e328f6a007fa8a0f06d53b1fa4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I just clarify then, some people have bought the cradle from dealers in the UK?

Are you telling me that I no longer have to spend hours with the horrible basemap, don't have to be concerned about ghost touches, can have a responsive screen and no longer need a computer to do updates?

Oh, and I can have as many navigation apps as I want?

It's an all around YES if the wonder wheel works properly. UI looks pretty sleek on the app and easy for them to keep upgrading.

No, sorry, the wonder wheel will only work with the BMW connected app and the new cradle
(Edit : someone has already noted that )
If you seek ‘as many navigation apps as I want ‘ and wish wonder wheel function . Then Wonderlinq and their device , is perhaps what you need .

i used the connected APP for two trips to scotland and used one of the non official cradles to mount my iphone8 on the have mount.

the app / tft / iphone all worked brilliantly....until i tried to take a pic on return as the image stabilisation was fooked. Regie353 from here had the same problem on the same trip.

Barry

That confirms others reporting similar

Only thing that’s naffing me off with the TFT is that the nav on BMW app seemed to freeze when I take a phone call.

Phone and packtalk both connected to the bike and not to each other.

Only thing that’s naffing me off with the TFT is that the nav on BMW app seemed to freeze when I take a phone call.

Is that just on the TFT models?

I guess you are using an iphone then.

Why thank you, I will tell my squire to keep me informed.

Back
Top Bottom