New connect cradle

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well it looks like bmw may have made my mind up for me now regarding nav app as they are releasing a cradle that fits where the nav goes to take your phone, much like the wunderlinq thingy does, letting you access the info like the nav 6 does. Not sure if it only integrates with tft bike or older analogue dashboards, time will tell.

Are you saying that you'll be able to control the phone using the 'wonderwheel" ?

Cheers, I'll be having one of those as soon as I can.

Nav VI for sale, in good nick, but redundant.

Looks very tempting.
However either BMW need to use Tomtom’s speed camera functionality (like they do with traffic data), or using this means you can not only control the app with the wunderwheel, but be able to control other apps too, including the TomTom one.
The ability to
Scrolling though Apple apps and being able to open and close them is what was missing from the wunderlinq for me.

Looks very tempting.
However either BMW need to use Tomtom’s speed camera functionality (like they do with traffic data), or using this means you can not only control the app with the wunderwheel, but be able to control other apps too, including the TomTom one.
The ability to
Scrolling though Apple apps and being able to open and close them is what was missing from the wunderlinq for me.

Personally I can't see that happening, will be BMW apps only I reckon

Personally I can't see that happening, will be BMW apps only I reckon

I think you’re right, which is a shame. Hopefully they’ll put in the cameras though at some point. I did message them and was told it wasn’t on their development list.
I guess you could open the tomtom first and have that running in the back ground with an auditable alert only. Then use the connected app to navigate with.

Bit of a pain in the arse though.

Not sure what they have done about the vibration issue everyone speaks about damaging the image stabilisers.

Not sure what they have done about the vibration issue everyone speaks about damaging the image stabilisers.

That does seem to be affecting only the latest models with stabilisers, but in time that will be most of them of course

It does have a wireless charger built in though.

Why don’t they just add Apple car play or android auto to their bikes on the TFT side?

Why don’t they just add Apple car play or android auto to their bikes on the TFT side?

Because they wanted a motorcycle orientated GPS app that allows you to chose things like twisty roads. The BMW app also gives performance data like lean angles and integrates that data onto photos that you have taken while using the app.
None of the very generic car apps do that.
I have android auto on my car and it is micky mouse compared to the BMW connected app.

I understand that is only on iphones.

Apparently it’s any phone with an optical stabiliser, it’s just only apple that has warned about it.

So this denies all modern apple users the opportunity to use there bikes.

I’m still not 100% convinced on using a phone for navigation, I use my phone as an ICO trip so would want a second unit for gps. Decisions decisions

Back
Top Bottom