KOSO DL-04 2017 onward. How to set up UNITS?

carbold

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have installed this unit and it's really good. It uses the same plug as the original, a 5 minute swap job.
The only problem is that the instructions are really bad, and I can't seem to be able to change the units. For example, I'd like to have the consumption in l/100km rather than MPG, or maybe I want km/h when I travel abroad.
The set up menu seems very limited (see video below).
Anyone who has installed this later version (2017 onward) that can help?

https://youtu.be/t0T0EG4oChI

I have been in touch with KOSO and it turns out that it is not possible to change units. This makes this speedo illegal in the UK, because by UK law the speed has to be available in both mph and km/h. Many other functions are missing compared to the 2014-16 version, including the ability to set the red shift light.
KOSO have stated that they are going to stop selling the DL-04 in the UK for the time being.

The issue gets complicated. KOSO Taiwan and KOSO Europe in Germany told me that they are going to try to solve the issue through a software update. They are working on it now and they said if it works I can send the speedo to KOSO Germany where they'll do the software update. Meanwhile my return period of 30 days might expire, but KOSO stated they will handle that with the seller (FC-MOTO in Germany). I'm in their hands really. They were very apologetic and they know it's a major issue, which only affects the 2017- models.

Back
Top Bottom