Ferry Connections Europe maps - ANDROID VERSION ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

P248

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems downloading Ferry Connections Europe (Eur… (96.44MB) in the Connected app? This particular map seems to be the one needed for all ferries between GB and Europe and Ireland. It also may include internal GB ferries, e.g. Woolwich ferry across the Thames.

Four maps are listed, ie Ferry Connections Europe (152MB), Ferry Connections Arctic (Eur… (42.02MB), Ferry Connections Europe (Eur… (96.44MB), and Ferry Connections Mediterranean…(13.17MB). The first, second and last of these three maps are available for download, with the download button showing beside the listing, but Ferry Connections Europe (Eur… (96.44MB) has no download button and can’t be downloaded. If I choose to download the single all-encompassing map Ferry Connections Europe (152MB), only the Arctic and Mediterranean maps are actually downloaded.

I have an Android phone with the latesr version of th App (4.0). The same problem occurred with the previous version. The developers haven't been able to help so far, although thet are still wirking on it.

Is anyone else having problems downloading Ferry Connections Europe (Eur… (96.44MB) in the Connected app? This particular map seems to be the one needed for all ferries between GB and Europe and Ireland. It also may include internal GB ferries, e.g. Woolwich ferry across the Thames.

Four maps are listed, ie Ferry Connections Europe (152MB), Ferry Connections Arctic (Eur… (42.02MB), Ferry Connections Europe (Eur… (96.44MB), and Ferry Connections Mediterranean…(13.17MB). The first, second and last of these three maps are available for download, with the download button showing beside the listing, but Ferry Connections Europe (Eur… (96.44MB) has no download button and can’t be downloaded. If I choose to download the single all-encompassing map Ferry Connections Europe (152MB), only the Arctic and Mediterranean maps are actually downloaded.

I have an Android phone with the latest version of th App (4.0). The same problem occurred with the previous version. The developers haven't been able to help so far, although thet are still working on it.

Further to the above, I have been able to download the particular map to the same phone in the past. The first time I encountered this problem was a few weeks ago
after the App was updated to v3.2.1, and it remains a problem with v4.0.

Nobody out there with an Android phone, running the BMW Connected app, that can try to load the ferry maps?

Nobody out there with an Android phone, running the BMW Connected app, that can try to load the ferry maps?

Yes. We have Android phones, use the connected app and use ferries. All the maps that we have downloaded are from within the connected app maps. When we have maps loaded like south east France and Corsica then it shows us the ferry terminals, don't look at the route that the ferry is taking, if that is what you mean.

It’s not what I mean, it’s what P248 means, that matters. I don’t use an Android phone.

To maybe short circuit the process, can you with your Android phone ask it for a route from say, Nice to Ajaccio. Will the app render the route up, including the sea crossing.

It might also help, I don’t know, if you could tell P248 what version of the app you are using and which phone.

Sorted! When the recent update to the Connected app failed to cure the problem, the app support team suggested I try deleting the app from my phone and installing it again. This worked, and I am know able to download and use all three of the “Ferry Connections Europe (…” maps.

The support team were never able to reproduce the problem so we still don’t know what caused it in the first place. Still, all’s well that ends well, as somebody once said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom