Bonneville anyone fancy a colour change ??

Adventure Boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just bought this and not sure im really into the colour the bike is a 2019 and the tank paintwork is mint no scratches, dents or even swirl marks in the black part
its fitted with a 4 bar grill tank badge which id want back so if yours has one great but if not id want one as part of the deal
I can do all the work changing them over all the connectors are the same from 2016-2020 so no issues with punp not working or not showing the correct amount of fuel

Im in Romford Essex if you want to come to me and ill do the swop over or can meet up half way for an exchange over would probably prefer to do it here as ive all the tools and stuff we could ever need

Rob

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0841.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0841.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 310
Cheers fella forgot to mention that and I do like the older orange and cream colour scheme
Rob

The standard ones are screwed behind the bit that says Triumph with 2 allen bolts but have a light glue to hold them into place
the 4 bar ones are held on with 3m tape as are the knee pads

Rob

If you wait a few weeks you will be selling it anyway so why bother :D

Probably but wouldnt life be shit if we all bought Honda C90s and kept them for life !!

Triumph

Life is for living Rob fair play to you , hope your well?

If had this since the end of sept

Attachments

• 8DE37545-8833-4096-8F47-B93CE004048F.jpg
    8DE37545-8833-4096-8F47-B93CE004048F.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 201
Its ok, I had a 1969 T120R US Spec back in the day that was really lovely that I rebuilt from the ground up, in the end I had it painted in XR3I cabrio blue and it got looks and comments from everyone, in 2019 I bought 2017 a T100 which was a nice little thumper for poodling around, it had V+H pipes and the decat and ran fine, great in traffic but lacked a little lusture, so thought about it last week and found the T120 listed, as it already had the V+H pipes and the decat and a few nice Triumph extras I thought why not !!

This one is very much a different bike from the T100, the 6 speed box is very odd its very low geared, ive ordered a set of 39/16 sprockets already to take the gearing up a bit this should make it pull a little better in gears, and maybe settle it down a bit in traffic (Very Jerky)
the handling on the original tyres is quite wooden so ive also ordered a pair of Avon road riders, I fitted these to the T100 was totally transformed after these were fitted, shocks and fork springs are another storey that I will address after the other bits are fitted,
Ill need to fit a booster plug or Power commander to smooth the slow running out !!

my plans now for the bike is to turn it into as close to the 1969 t120R as I can with the most complicated handlebar conversion ive ever seen to fit a set of Mini ape hangers (Same as the 69 T120R)
to fit these a longer front brake hose has to be installed this has to be fitted from the brake lever to the ABS pump, which is located under the swing arm hence the exhausts, rear wheel, shocks,swing arm has to be removed to replace the hose !! then ill fit the new sprocket combo, refit it all with the new bars and longer clutch cable, the kit is about £450 from British custom's in the states, then i think im going to remove the tank, front and rear mudguards and both side panels and spray them all in candy rootbeed colour to make it different to the ususal fit a light brown diamond stitched seat cover, gold bonneville stickers on the side panels lacquered over fit the 4 bar tank badges and leave the rubber tank protectors off

well thats the plan today anyway !!

Rob

Well bike well into its build
So far ive fitted the IKON shocks, New Avon Roadrider tyres, TEC Front Progressive fork springs and preload adjusters, K+N TEC headlight brackets, 42 tooth rear sprocket, Metal Punched plate, Yellow headlight bulb, Removed the Rubber knee pads from the tank, Fitted a Booster plug, Alarm, finally found and ordered the same bars as my US spec bonnie, Longer clutch cable and front brake pipe, ordered a swing arm removal tool to fit the front brake pipe when all the bits are here, fitted the Itallian seat cover and the beeline nav, relocated front indicators, the paintwork will commence once all the other bits are done so Im not pulling bits off and on a newly painted bike
Rob

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 117

Back
Top Bottom