Timmelsjoch motorbike museum

I have ridden past the museum on 3 or 4 occasions and always thought I will visit it 'next time', staying a night in Oetz again next year so will definitely pop in , just in case

museum

we stopped there for lunch and a wander around the museum about 3 years ago.
they had some amazing bikes there.

I went to the museum in 2018 and it was well worth the time spent. In fact I never knew that the Rover car company actually built motorcycles, they did and one of the only two was there on show. As well as a three wheeled, Austin Seven engined, Brough Superior again super rare.
I must say that in a previous working life I was a Building Control Surveyor and I can't say, hand on heart, that I remember seeing any sprinkler system in the building at all, which perhaps might have saved a lot of the exhibits.
As an aside, we tried to visit the Grossglockner High Alpine pass back in 2015, but when we arrived into Austria and found the hotel, we were told that there would be low fog the next morning, well that lasted all day, and for 3 days after.......not exactly ideal for our planned trip.
So in 2018 we decided to visit the area again, seen the museum as I said and then went onto the High Alpine road, it was clear, crystal clear in fact.
Well worth the effort - second time lucky I guess.

Back
Top Bottom