S10 Forum

longdog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that there are a few S10 owners and new owners on here now and I was wondering if any of you have tried the Super Tenere Forum?

https://yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?threads/s10-discontinued.31062/page-4

Yes, it is pretty ‘Merican centred but there are owners on there from all over the World particularly U.K. and Europe. Plenty of good info too if you’re interested.

I was/ am but they blocked me for not saying Howdy...🤣🤣 How very Merican... Lots of info tho... Also the threads often ending up in a technical spat over who's got the biggest engineering balls... Also very merican...

Hahaha! That’ll teach you to be anti-social! There are a few of our ‘Merican cousins who are alright on there but there were a few dick-heads too. You want to do a search for “Darksiding” on there and then say what a load of bollox it is!

If it’s anything like the Africa Twin “Merican” biased forum it’ll be very poor. I had a post removed cos I criticised the information on another post.

I found it a useful resource when I owned a S10 from 2011 to 2015. Just like any forum, you need a big filter but it is very useful for technical stuff.

Unlike this place, I did not make any real life friends let alone get a BJ on a trip away...

For any S10 owner it's an almost essential info source, whether you enjoy the mod level or not. Just don't forget the intros & include some biking background, not just a one liner.

After all they deal with a broad church, Worldwide, so keep well away from politics, personal criticism & any salty language - probably a fair trade-off TBH, if a tad soulless sometimes.

You got a BJ on a trip away? You must have made some really good friends on here! ;)

Friend? He blanked me back in the UK when I offered to meet up again. More like one of those grindr encounters you read about on the internet.

I don't think his wife gave him a very long leash when at home...

Americans in my experience over think everything especially regarding bikes. I've had some weird conversations over the years with some our friends across the pond. If they are buying an aftermarket part for instance they will investigate it for months and will know every last detail about it.

One of my favourites is when we were in a place called Dawson City Yukon and had just ridden the Top of the World Highway. A guy from the US wandered up to where our bikes were parked and he engaged us in conversation. He was asking us about the Top of the World Highway , what was the surface like, weather etc etc as he had spent the last 4 years planning this ride. To be fair, it's a brilliant ride and consists of tarmac, gravel and packed dirt as it winds it's way across teh top of a mountain range at between 4 and 6000ft.

He went on and bloody on and in the end was a bit dumbstruck when JonT of this parish said "just ride the fucking thing" and wandered off to the bar.

"Just ride the fucking thing" I love it and perhaps a saying for many of the biking chat we go through... I also love the conversations which start as a question which you give a simple bit of advice (Simple covers much of boxer bike chat..:) and then promptly get told the opposite that they read on a forum in the 35th page... FFS and walks away... :) Some people just like to argue the point so again "Just ride the fucking thing" :)

PS Mericans often seem to have long winters so it allows them to rebuild their bikes annually, argue about the technical bits and then get ready for "The Season" :D

Back
Top Bottom