Garmin Navigator 6

Reggie353

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
How do you find which email address is registered to your Navigator 6.

Garmin are asking for this before they will accept it as faulty. I bought it off here but have no idea who from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You ask in the GPS section. This section is reserved exclusively for advice on matching hats with gloves.

hook it up to garmin express and you will get the option to register, enter your email address and job done

hook it up to garmin express and you will get the option to register, enter your email address and job done

That will register it for downloads, it checks whether the device is eligible. But doing it through garmin express doesn't de register it from a previous owner. The only way that can be done is by the previous owner who has to do it via their garmin account online and not via express. Unless things have changed recently of course.

No it hasn't changed. I'm in the same boat. Apparantly my unit has one other registered user. I have back tracked to the person I bought it from who contacted the person who he bought it from who contacted the dealer who he bought the used bike from with the Sat Nav fitted.
Apparently that dealer does not wish to get involved in any third party inquiries, which is most unhelpful.
I have only spoken to Garmin once via webchat and their take was that I had to either be the sole registered user or have the original receipt for the unit.
It seems Garmin are being unnecessarily obstructive. I don't think it would be overly difficult for them, providing there was no suggestion that the unit was stolen, to either contact the previous registered user to get them to delete the unit or actually delete the unit itself from a previous registered user.
I wonder if their attitude is that why offer continuing customer support to someone who didn't purchase their product. I would argue that we pay a premium price because units have a value and ultimately we can recoup some of that later down the line by selling it on.

No it hasn't changed. I'm in the same boat. Apparantly my unit has one other registered user. I have back tracked to the person I bought it from who contacted the person who he bought it from who contacted the dealer who he bought the used bike from with the Sat Nav fitted.
Apparently that dealer does not wish to get involved in any third party inquiries, which is most unhelpful.
I have only spoken to Garmin once via webchat and their take was that I had to either be the sole registered user or have the original receipt for the unit.
It seems Garmin are being unnecessarily obstructive. I don't think it would be overly difficult for them, providing there was no suggestion that the unit was stolen, to either contact the previous registered user to get them to delete the unit or actually delete the unit itself from a previous registered user.
I wonder if their attitude is that why offer continuing customer support to someone who didn't purchase their product. I would argue that we pay a premium price because units have a value and ultimately we can recoup some of that later down the line by selling it on.

Maybe call them and push your case, as they must know how old it is and there must be loads of units that are sold on. If they sorted out their registration process it wouldn't be an issue.

That will register it for downloads, it checks whether the device is eligible. But doing it through garmin express doesn't de register it from a previous owner. The only way that can be done is by the previous owner who has to do it via their garmin account online and not via express. Unless things have changed recently of course.

i was assuming the previous owner had de registered

that suck what if the person does not have email or is not contactable what can you do

By a complete and total stroke of luck I found the guys email address that was linked to his PayPal from February 2019 that I bought my Nav 6 from. Sent it to garmin. They have accepted that it is faulty and it’s being returned tomorrow. I have paid £155 for a replacement one.

Result.

By a complete and total stroke of luck I found the guys email address that was linked to his PayPal from February 2019 that I bought my Nav 6 from. Sent it to garmin. They have accepted that it is faulty and it’s being returned tomorrow. I have paid £155 for a replacement one.

Result.

Good result. Just keep your fingers crossed the replaced unit doesn't start ghosting after the 3 month warranty they offer on refurbished units.

That was lucky.

Can you just clarify that Garmin were happy for you to provide an email address of the previous owner and you didn't have to contact the previous owner to get them to 'de register' the unit?

That was lucky.

Can you just clarify that Garmin were happy for you to provide an email address of the previous owner and you didn't have to contact the previous owner to get them to 'de register' the unit?

Yes. I provided them with the previous owners email address. They even gave me a clue by stating in ended in …@ntlworld.com.

If anyone has followed my previous thread in the GPS Nav 6 section, I was turned down during a webchat for a 'refurb' unit because there were multiple users registered to the unit (one apparently). Backtracking through the Items for Sale in an attempt to perhaps identify the registered user reached an impasse.

So today I rung Garmin and spoke to a human being, asked for my unit to be repaired rather than immediately requesting a 'refurb.' Provided my email address and device serial number. They immediately offered a 'refurb' unit for £141. No interrogation, no request for proof of purchase and no ifs and buts. Straightforward interaction.

I did not push it and inquire as to whether the other registered user had dropped off the device.

I call that a result of sorts but I could have done without the hassle.

For those that have undertaken the refurbished exchange process.

How did you obtain the return postage label? How long until you could download it?

I understand that their preferred choice of carrier is UPS. When you complete all the admin a returns label is sent by UPS to your email which you print off.

I undertook the admin on Friday but have not had access to the returns label. I've telephoned Garmin a couple of times who state that UPS will contact m and there may be a couple of days delay. Ive said that I would send it at my expense via the PO signed and insured but they didn't seem keen as they prefer their 'preferred carrier'.

I got this from GARMIN. When I googled my nearest UPS drop off point it was my local newsagent. I printed of the returns label. They scanned it and I got a tracking number texted to my mobile. Very easy transaction.
8858dc462bf54e1b58aa67a0eaaeec71.jpg

222ccf1e583e7ff557580f340445824c.jpg

I got an email from Garmin as shown on other reply. It has a link that takes you to a Garmin website to print the label. I take it that you have already paid for repair £141??. Think that triggered the email for the label link and it is already paid for in the £141.

Back
Top Bottom