Iceland August 2021

camphair

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For a report and pictures of a recent trip to Iceland follow this link.
From opening the container to find my bike on its side, riding with some one that only past their test six weeks previously, taking ill and getting up close and personal with an active volcano, it's all here.

https://petrawetzel.com/travel-journal/

Brilliant, loved it, only recognised two places you were, Aukeryi and Vik. Seems you took the main route round the island ?? Pictures were/are fantastic and a golfer as well, hopefully not naked ;)

Patagonia will be, I'm sure, magnificent. :thumb2

Brilliant, loved it, only recognised two places you were, Aukeryi and Vik. Seems you took the main route round the island ?? Pictures were/are fantastic and a golfer as well, hopefully not naked ;)

Patagonia will be, I'm sure, magnificent. :thumb2
We pretty much followed the coast line round the island as much was reasonably practical.
When you get to the North East of the island the road cuts inland but by sticking to the coast makes for much more enjoyable riding.
We avoided the "Highlands" due to Petra's lack of experience.
All in its a really easy trip to do and would recommend shipping your own bike out as opposed to hiring.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

We pretty much followed the coast line round the island as much was reasonably practical.
When you get to the North East of the island the road cuts inland but by sticking to the coast makes for much more enjoyable riding.
We avoided the "Highlands" due to Petra's lack of experience.
All in its a really easy trip to do and would recommend shipping your own bike out as opposed to hiring.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

We did the F35 and the Sprengisandur, far from easy but amazing.

Well done you. Nice write up and super photos. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom